33. friendsgiving

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"Ms. Adams, I thought you were set on FIT in New York?"

"Just expanding my options," Stacey clarified. "I don't know if moving across the country is the best option for me anymore."

Mrs. Reid nodded. "Okay, well there's plenty of great fashion schools in California: Academy of Art University, Otis College of Art and Design, California College of the Arts, and the list goes on. Or, if you wanted to go to a regular four year, there's always USC, UCLA, and Stanford with amazing business major programs. Your grades are good to get in and with the success of your business, they'll know you're a hard worker."

Stacey took the pamphlets Mrs. Reid had laid out on her desk and stuffed them in her backpack. "Thank you. There's so many choices, should I apply to all of them?"

Mrs. Reid shrugged. "It wouldn't be a bad idea as some schools can be picky, but apply to the ones that resonate with you the most. Don't let anyone else define where you go for college. This is your future."

Stacey thanked her guidance counselor again and walked out. She felt more at ease knowing there were plenty of options in California. Of course, New York was still in the back of her mind and she knew Jordan would follow her there, but staying in California was growing on her. Yes, some part of her would be staying for Jordan, but she knew she'd be happier here. Who knows, maybe she'd study abroad in Paris for a semester during Paris Fashion Week. Her future was looking better by the minute.

Jordan was waiting in his usual spot by the front of the school. His face lit up when he saw her and he rushed over to grab her hand.

"Hey," she greeted him with a kiss and they started walking to her car. "I'm sorry I was a little late, I was with Mrs. Reid talking about colleges."

"What did she suggest?" he asked.

"Just a bunch of California schools. I have some pamphlets in my bag if you want to look at them later," she offered.

"I would love to, but remember it's completely your decision babe," he reminded her. "Also, in other news, the doc cleared me to play football again!"

Stacey let go off his hand and screamed. A couple of lingering students glanced her away, but she ignored them as she jumped into Jordan's arms and kissed him. She was so happy for him. Seeing him not himself because he couldn't play football wasn't fun. She had prayed for good news and here it was. However, once she remembered something she pulled away and hit his arm.

"Um, thanks? What was that for?" he rubbed his upper arm and looked incredulously at his girlfriend.

"Your appointment was last night and now you decide to tell me?" she scolded him.

Jordan held out his hands. "I wanted to tell you right away, but I wanted to do it in person. I barely saw you today and I'd rather tell you when it was just us two. I knew you'd do the whole jump in my arms and kiss me, so I waited until now. I like it when you do that, it's cute."