18. loyalty

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"He told me to wait my turn and he uninvited UCLA from the game tomorrow night," complained Darnell.

Stacey wished she could be there to comfort him, but she was at Beverly High, almost an hour away from him. "As wrong as he is for not starting you, he is the coach and there's nothing you can really do."

Darnell sighed. "I know, that's what's killing me."

"Just keep proving yourself at practice," she encouraged. "I have to get ready for class. Text me when you get to first."

"Of course I will," he said and she swore she felt his smile through the phone. "You're coming to my game tomorrow, right?"

Stacey faltered to answer. She looked across the hallway and saw Jordan, JJ, and Asher all laughing by a locker. She hadn't missed a football game since she's been here. "I'll try my best."

They both said bye to each other and Stacey was met with yet another difficult decision. Of course she wanted to go to Darnell's game to support him, but how would her Beverly friends feel? She wanted to believe they would support her in going to see her boyfriend play; she wasn't sure about that, though.

Stacey glanced across the hallway and saw Jordan with Simone again. She wasn't as jealous as she was anymore, but she still couldn't understand how Jordan was even talking to her after everything.

"I heard he's helping her with giving up her baby." Jane came up to her and said.

Stacey looked back in shock. "Where did you hear that?"

"English. She sits in front of me," answered Jane.

Stacey continued to look on at the two. She couldn't help but say a selfish thought that came to her mind. "Kind of sucks that he's helping her, but he didn't help me."

"You never told him," Jane pointed out. "And she gave birth to the baby."

"I know that," grumbled Stacey. "It's just...odd to me. He can do what he wants though. Jordan's not my problem anymore."

Jane gave her a smile. "That's what I like to hear."

Stacey closed her locker and saw Layla now with Simone. What was happening? Did everyone just suddenly forget last year? She saw Layla look her away and start to head over to her, but Stacey took Jane's arm and dragged her down the hallway. She couldn't talk to Simone and she didn't know if she ever could.