7. roomates

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

It was finally Saturday and the first week of Stacey's summer program was complete. Her and her new group of friends hung out every day and did the minimal work that was required for them. It was a fairly easy program, only three papers required for the whole summer, each being one thousand words. They were about different social topics in the world, some being more personal than others.

Their first topic was ironically about soulmates and why or why not they believed in them. Stacey didn't know her answer yet and her group was divided on what they picked, but at least they were writing their papers already. It was due tomorrow night, but Stacey was already stressing about finishing it.

A couple of months ago, she would've agreed with the statement. All the obstacles her and Jordan faced only made them stronger. She saw a future with him. Now, they were on different sides of the country.

Stop thinking about him.

Stacey sat at the counter and stared blankly at the empty word document. She sipped her tea again, trying to force some words to be typed. She looked at the clock and it was nearing seven at night. Maybe she could start tomorrow morning? No. She needed to start now before Sunday night came up on her.

"Got it," Stacey smiled to herself, finally finding some inspiration.

It was interrupted though by her phone ringing. She saw it was Hayden. Sighing, she answered. "This better be good because I have an assignment due–"

"Darnell needs you," he cut her off, his breathing heavy.

Stacey closed her laptop and stood up, already grabbing her purse. "What happened? Where are you?"

"I'll send you the club address," Hayden answered. She could hear the faint music in the background. They had to be outside. "Darnell texted me out of the blue, wanting to go party tonight so I took him along with some of my buddies. He was doing good, but next thing I knew he was downing shots and talking with my friend. All of a sudden Darnell punches him and he fires back at Darnell."

"My god," Stacey grumbled, going to the elevator and pressing the down button more times than she should. "I'll be there soon."

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey got out of the car and walked up to Hayden who was watching over Darnell. She could tell there was a cut right above his eyebrow and his lip was swollen.

"I am never taking him out clubbing again. I'm not a babysitter," Hayden stated and walked back into the club before Stacey could say anything.

Darnell glanced up and saw the blonde, but he stared back at the ground in embarrassment. "I don't need you here."

"Yes you do," Stacey sat down beside him. She tried to touch his swollen lip, but Darnell flinched back. "Let me see your injuries."

Darnell sighed, turning to her. Even though the street lights dimly lit his face, she could still make up the cuts and bruises that littered his face. They weren't bad, would heal in a few days, but this wasn't Darnell.

"Why did you punch Hayden's friend?" Stacey asked.

Darnell shook his head. "He just said something that triggered me. No big deal."

"Yes it is," Stacey said. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened at the launch party. You were just being a good friend and I was being a bitch."

"Yeah, you were," Darnell smirked, causing Stacey to giggle. He gulped, turning towards the blonde. "Hayden's friend started talking about you in a super sexual way. Saying how he wanted to bet Hayden he could get with you – a minor. I – I just lost it and hit him. He's a white privileged asshole who needed to be put in his place."

Stacey was shocked that that was the reasoning. She had met Hayden's friends and they never seemed to be like that, but guys act different around other guys. She placed a hand on his, flattered that he did that. "Thank you."

Darnell shrugged. "He deserved it."

"Move in to my penthouse," she blurted out.

Darnell's eyes widened. He retracted his hand from her's. "I – I don't know about that."

"Oh come on," Stacey urged him. "I have plenty of room and you spend most of your nights there anyways. Please."

Darnell pondered on the offer for a second. He wanted to do this, but didn't want to seem too eager. "I mean, if you insist..."

"Yay!" Stacey shouted excitedly, bringing him into a hug.

Something inside Stacey was turning. She enjoyed this hug, more than she should. Was it wrong for her to invite him to move in? No, she's confident that her feelings won't grow into anything. He's just cute, that's all.

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

team jordan or team darnell?