23. cabin fever

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"A toast...to...bellas before fellas."

Stacey, Jane, Layla, and Olivia all clinked their glasses of orange juice together. They all got together for brunch at Olivia's. They hadn't been able to get together all four of them for a while.

"I just realized I'm the only single one here," chuckled Stacey.

"Hey, that's not a bad thing," Layla reminded her. "Taking some time for yourself is a good thing, especially with everything going on."

Stacey knew she was referring to the recent pictures that surfaced to the internet of what appeared to be her and Hayden kissing. She reassured all of her friends (especially Jordan who she was dating at the time) that nothing like that happened. He kissed her cheek in a congratulatory manner and that was all.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear about that," said Olivia.

Stacey gave her a smile, glad they could make up after their little argument the other day.

"I'm surprised you weren't holed up in the studio this weekend," continued Olivia, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I'm taking a break from the studio," answered Layla.

"How come?" asked Jane.

"Things got weird between Spencer and Coop last night. And now I'm worried that things are gonna get weird with me and Coop, so–"

"So, you're hiding?" clarified Olivia.

"Yes, absolutely," nodded Layla. "What about you? Any big plans?"

"Um...Asher has some surprise itinerary planned for this weekend, right down to the second," said Olivia.

"I think I heard him call some five star restaurant in Beverly," said Stacey. "Don't tell him I told you that, though."

Olivia chuckled. "My lips are sealed. It'll be nice though, we haven't had much alone time lately."

Layla raised her glass to her lips. "Amen to alone time."

"JJ and I have too much alone time," said Jane. "Like I love him, but I think he feels the need to be by my every second of the day."

"I'm Jane and I complain about how much my boyfriend loves me," Stacey mocked her.

Jane nudged her. "Oh hush."