45.

I don't know how, but when I enter the staircase again, I feel relaxed. Yeah, maybe I'll die. But then all of this will finally be fucking over. I wouldn't have to worry about missions anymore, or about who dies and who doesn't. I'll be able to rest. 

Now that I think about it, death seems to be a better outcome for me. I'm sick of this. I've had it. 

With my hands, I push open the doors that keep me from going in. I've entered the last floor. It's hot in here, and I can feel the drops of sweat on my forehead slowly sliding down my neck and face. 

Two men in overalls are sitting and eating their lunch when I walk past them. ''Get out, now,'' I say to them. They give each other a confused look. 

''And why should we listen to you?'' One of them asks. Their faces are covered in, what it seems to be, oil and gasoline. I assume they work in here, also because of the clothes. I've never met or seen them before. 

I turn around to face them. I don't have time for this and I let out an annoyed sigh. ''Because there's a bomb hidden in here, that could explode any moment,'' I explain. ''So, if you want to live, you get the fuck out of here.'' 

I turn my back towards them and continue to walk. Their footsteps let me know that the men are running away from this place. A clever idea. 

I pass the room where we store all of our weapons, bullets and other stuff. When I'm getting out of here, I should bring some bullets. I have no idea how many I have left, and I can always use them. 

I look around the room. I feel gross. My clothes are drenched in blood and sweat. 

Where could that fucking bomb be?

When I continue to walk, I begin to hear a faint ticking. I spin around, bringing all my focus to find the place where the sound comes from. 

In a dark corner, I say a small, red light. I walk towards it, hoping it actually is the bomb. With my hand, I reach out to the red light, trying to pick something up. It's hidden under the piping that gives us gas for our stoves. A clever place. If it explodes there, the rest will also blow up. 

Bingo.

I take out the bomb and examine it. When I turn it around, I see a timer. 

00:20. 

Minutes? Seconds?

Please let it be minutes. Just give me some time. 

The timer quickly jumps to 00:19. 

Oh fuck. 

19 seconds left. 

I can do this. Well, I think I can do it. 

Every time a second passes, it makes a ticking sound. And if I'm honest, it makes me nervous. I keep turning the black square in my hands. There have to be some wires that I can break. 

Nope. There are not. 

''I'm going to kill him for this,'' I mutter to myself. Hayden's dead, the only one there's left is Brandon. Fucking asshole. Thinks he can do whatever he wants with his smooth talks. 

I have to admit that he's charming. He could be a Disney prince. But then you start thinking about all of the shit he did, and then you see him more of a villain. Which he actually is, in my story. All he does is say stupid things, with his stupid gang, wearing his stupid clothes, in his stupid office and with his stupid face. 

Hold on, why am I thinking about him? Back to the bomb, Taylor. Focus, for once, don't let your emotions take over. 

I place the bomb on the ground, afraid it'll go off if I throw it. I make a fist and start punching it, hoping to get to the inner core. 

I punch. 

And punch. 

And punch. 

But it doesn't work. 

My knuckles are bleeding. I let out a trembling breath when I hear another click. I pick up the bomb and look at the time. 

00:03. 

Three seconds left. 

I better start running.