A new mission (54.)

Apparently I fell asleep on my bed last night, because that's the place where I wake up. I rub my eyes and sit up straight. A yawn quickly follows after that and I sigh. 

I feel gross. I fell asleep in my normal clothes last night and they were still covered in blood and sweat. I didn't bring any extra clothes with me, so I can't change. Absolutely fantastic. I look like a fucking vagrant. 

I get up and walk out of my bedroom, into the kitchen. Jake greets me when I walk in. He's holding a cup of coffee and scrolls through his phone. 

''Morning,'' I say. ''What time is it?'' 

I proceed to walk towards the sink. 

Well, I can't even say that I'm walking. At the moment, I'm limping and my whole body hurts. The whole time I've been trying to put my weight on my good leg, but it doesn't help at all. I don't want help from others, so I don't say a word about my leg. 

''Don't trip over Matthew,'' Jake casually says. ''And it's 9 AM.'' He doesn't bother to look up from his phone. 

I frown at the first sentence and quickly look down. Matthew lays on the ground, like a ball. A pink backpack lays underneath his head. 

The backpack I took with me after the explosion. 

''The guy is sleeping on bullets,'' I mumble. I take out a mug from the cupboard and fill it with water. 

''Bullets?'' Jake asks me with a frown. 

''Long story,'' I say, too tired to explain it. ''There are bullets in the bag he's sleeping on.'' 

Matthew suddenly starts stretching himself out and yawns. I look down again, at the ground and shake my head in disbelief. 

''If I'm honest, I slept pretty good,'' he says and he sits up straight. 

How does the guy not feel miserable? He slept on the fucking floor for like three hours. 

''Let's wait until the others are awake too,'' I say to Jake, ignoring what he just said. ''Then we can figure out a plan and how we are going to do it.'' 

................................................................................................................................................................

An hour later, the seven of us are sitting in the living room. 

''Alright, we're all here,'' says Thomas. He looks around the room. 6 pairs of eyes are staring at him, waiting for him to continue. 

''I have a plan for now,'' he continues. ''Once we complete that part, it's time to start thinking about our next steps.'' 

I run my hand through my hair and lean back on the couch I'm sitting on. I'm glad Thomas took the lead this time. 

''The plan Neo came up with last night, sounds pretty good to me,'' he says. ''We go back to Vicious, look for other survivors. Before we go, Neo hacks into the phones of other members. We try to contact them. After that, we can tell them to come to...'' 

It stays quiet and I turn my head to look at Thomas. He fiddles with his hands. 

''I, uh, I actually don't know where we can go to once we complete the first part of the plan,'' He eventually admits. 

I look at the rest, trying to see their reactions. But like me, they're all looking around. Matthew shrugs and looks at Thomas again. Bianca stares at her legs that are stretched out in front of her. Automatically, I can hear her words from last night again. 

''Never underestimate the evil of a dark heart, which is something she clearly has.''  

I shake away the thoughts and roll my eyes. It's not important. 

''I know a place,'' I say. ''The garage where I used to park my car has a lot of room.'' 

Everyone nods in agreement. 

''Great, then that's settled,'' says Thomas and he claps in his hands. ''Grab your jackets and bags, we have a gang to save.'' 

Author's Note (AN) 

Hi, 

This part isn't that long, sorry for that. 

I also wanted to say that I try to update as much as possible, but school is killing me at the moment and I'm just really tired. 

The last few parts aren't that exciting and not a lot of action has happened, but please give it time, because I'm excited to write the next few parts. 

Enjoy your day! 

-The Author