It won't be business only. (68.)

Dinner. 

The type of date that I hate. 

Ha, that rhymes. 

One thing's for sure, Brandon is going to show off. Just the way that he said to me that I needed to give him a chance, that I had to listen to his explanations. It makes me want to throw up. 

No matter what he says to me tonight, he's going to pay for his actions. And so are his colleagues and boss. They have every right to know who they're fucking with. The only reason I'm still here is to get my own revenge and to avenge my friends, no matter how dumb that might sound. 

It's 4 PM when Brandon walks into the living room. He frowns when he sees me laying on the couch and I shrug when I see him look at me. 

''Everything hurts like a bitch,'' I say, giving an explanation for why I'm laying around like a lazy pig. ''Don't you dare to fucking judge me.'' 

I groan and sit up straight. It's not a lie, though. I can't lay on my side because I got stabbed there. My leg still doesn't allow me to walk like a normal person and my headaches are getting worse each day. 

''As long as you look presentable tonight,'' He says chuckling. ''There are clothes on my bed for you to wear tonight.'' 

''Yes, sir,'' I say, teasing him. 

''Continue to call me that and I'll take away your ability to walk,'' He casually says, heading to the bathroom. 

The urge to yell back that the wife of his boss already did that becomes big, but I ignore the thoughts that tell me to do it. 

An irritated sigh escapes my lips. Why does he always have to make such comments? It's as if it's one of his few personality traits, apart from manipulating and guilt tripping you into staying with him. 

''Keep on fantasizing, because that's not going to happen anytime soon,'' I eventually say, loud enough for him to hear. I can hear the water running and don't want to think about what he looks like naked. 

I already showered this morning. I still feel miserable, but clean. 

This is a busy day. First, I got out of the hospital wing. Then I heard that Rank 2 died and argued with Brandon. Right after that, he kissed me. Later on I made a list about the past, the present and the future and now I'm going out with him. 

In all honesty, it's getting all a bit much. 

I walk into the bedroom and see a bag laying on the bed. On the floor stands a pair of heels. I open the bag and look into it. I take out a dark red dress. The fabric feels soft in my hands and if I'm honest, it looks quite nice to me. 

Dresses are not the type of things I like to wear, but if I have to because of an important occasion, I'll just accept it and wear it. 

Seeing these clothes, I already know that he's taking me to some sort of fancy restaurant. If I want to follow my plan, I just have to go with him without any complaints. 

Trust, trust, trust. Fucking disgusting. I don't trust people. I might befriend them, but even that rarely happens. 

I take off my shirt, leaving me in my pants and bra. Ignoring the big scar on the side of my stomach, I begin to take off the pair of pants. I quickly put on the dress and straighten the fabric. It fits perfectly. 

I sit down on the soft mattress and put on the heels. When I stand up again, I feel tall. I walk back into the living room, finding Brandon there. He changed into a black suit, a silver watch around his wrist. His hair isn't slicked back like usual, this time it looks a bit messier, but good to me.