I'm sorry. (96.)

Now that even more people are after me, I need to finish my list. Cross off all of the names on it. Two are already gone, now all I need to do is kill Rose. 

This shit isn't about my love for tearing people apart anymore. This is about karma. 

That means that they're all getting the karma they deserve. Including Rose. 

I throw the doors of the school open and walk inside. This whole thing might be risky, since I haven't brought anyone else on this mission. But no one can know that I'm here today. This is a mission for my eyes only. 

The woman at the front desk stares at me with widened eyes. She looks me up and down, and her eyes stay fixated on the gun in my hand. With trembling hands, she picks up the phone that sits on her desk and begins to dial a number. The moment she brings the device up to her ear, I open my mouth to say something. 

''If I were you, I'd hang up,'' I say to her. She looks at me as the phone slides out of her hands, onto the desk, making a clattering noise. I walk over to her. 

''Please don't hurt me,'' She whispers, barely audible. She raises her hands in the air. 

''Be a dear and tell me where I can find this student,'' I command. From the pocket of my jacket, I take out a picture of Rose. 

The lady stares at it for a few seconds, before bringing her hands down. She begins to type on the keyboard in front of her, mumbling Rose's name. 

''Rose.. Militias,'' She mumbles. 

''Hurry up,'' I say in a stern voice. She freezes for a second, before typing and clicking on things again. 

''She.. Rose.. She's in the auditorium for her drama classes,'' The lady eventually brings out, stammering the first few words. ''Behind you. Behind the.. The curtains.'' 

The last two words come out as a whisper. I smile and lean forward, my face inches away from hers. 

''Listen carefully,'' I begin in a gentle voice. The lady is shakily breathing and her hands are trembling like crazy. ''If you know who I am, then you know that you don't want to fuck with me or my work, right? So, if you're going to call the police today, I won't hesitate to go after you and your family and give you the fucking death that you deserve. Understood?'' 

I stand up straight again, waiting for her to respond. She quickly nods without saying anything. 

I take out a cigarette from the pack I'm carrying with me. The lady stares at me with desperate eyes. ''Perfect,'' I say, the cigarette between my lips, lighting it. 

I turn around and walk into the direction of the large curtains that hang from the ceiling. Without making any noise, I come closer to the auditorium, hearing several people singing a song. The moment I want to walk inside, Rose begins to sing. I scoff and walk through the curtains. 

Four people stand around a piano, their backs turned to me. Apparently they didn't hear or see me yet, so I walk over to an aisle with several chairs. I sit down, smoking the cigarette and slowly blowing out the smoke. 

The song goes on for a little while and I lean back in the chair, bored. After a few minutes, the song finally ends and I begin to clap in my hands. For a few seconds it's the only sound you can hear. My feet are crossed on the chair in front of me. 

''Such a beautiful song,'' I say as I keep on smoking the cigarette. I smirk as Rose turns around and looks into my eyes with fear. The kids that stood around her already ran away when they saw me, making Rose the only person on the stage right now. 

''What.. What are you doing here?'' She asks me. She takes a few steps forward on the stage. 

''Hmm, work,'' I vaguely say. I place my feet back on the ground and from the corner of my eyes I see that Rose freezes. 

''You can't kidnap me again,'' She says, trying to be brave and stand up for herself. ''You already killed my parents and I don't have any information left for you.'' 

I softly chuckle and get up from the chair. Poor little Rose.. If only she knew. 

I step out of the aisle of chairs I was sitting in. ''I'm not here to kidnap you,'' I say, walking Rose's way. She takes a few steps back. ''No need to worry about that.'' 

I continue to approach her, climbing on stage. The silence is deafening and the only thing you can hear are my footsteps on the floor. I come even closer to Rose and she begins to stumble backwards, wanting to get away from me. I keep on coming closer to her, until I'm standing right in front of her and she stands with her back against the wall. Her bloodshot eyes look me up and down my body and widen when she sees the dagger and the gun I'm carrying with me. I look down at her and smile. 

''Your family fucked it all up for you,'' I say as I shake my head in pity. 

''P-please,'' Rose stammers. ''You already killed the people around me. I didn't do anything wrong. I- I even tried to stop my father. I swear... I swear that I did that.'' 

Her eyes are filled with tears as I just stare at her desperate expression. She stammers and stumbles over her words, trying to talk herself out of it. But everyone knows that that won't happen. 

My hand moves in the direction of my holster, ready to take out my gun and end her life. When she sees what I'm doing, she begins to cry and she tries to walk away from me. I block her ways and give her a satisfied smile. This is exactly how I want her to spend the last few minutes of her life. Miserable and scared. 

''Please, I just helped you,'' She cries out, begging me to let her stay alive. ''You were the one who kidnapped me. You were the one who did things wrong.'' 

Our eyes meet and I slowly shake my head. I know that she might be right, but I feel such a hatred for her. 

''I know that my father let anyone around you die,'' She continues in a soft voice. ''But like I said, I tried to stop him. He even killed Drew, my brother. You think I liked that?!'' 

She raises her voice at me, something that I'm not used to. Tears stream down her face as she sniffs and stares at the points of her shoes. 

In front of her eyes, I take out my gun. She looks up at my movements and I quickly reload the weapon. A small scream escapes her mouth as she stares at it, fully aware of the fact that she's about to die. 

''Listen, Rose,'' I begin, not paying any attention to her. ''Have you ever seen me give a fuck about others?'' 

She shakes her head. ''No,'' She says. ''But given your reaction to all of these deaths I do know that you cared about certain people.'' 

My lips form a straight line and my body freezes for a quick second. Fuck. I hate her for this. I can't let her ruin my plan. I don't fucking care that she knows that I secretly cared about my friends, but it hurts to see that she knows that I actually did. Mostly since I never show any emotions. 

I sigh and turn around, walking away from Rose, towards the end of the stage. Rose lets out a relieved breath and the crying stops for a few seconds. She sniffs again, but doesn't say anything. 

But right when I'm about to jump off the stage and walk away, I turn around again, facing Rose. Her eyes widen again and she quickly raises her hands. A whimper escapes her lips and she shakes her head, a tear rolling down her cheek.

''I'm sorry, Bubbles,'' I whisper before I shoot the bullet through her heart.