65.

(This chapter also contains pov switches, enjoy!)

The next day I can finally get out of the hospital wing. 

''Take these painkillers every day for the next two weeks and everything will be fine,'' the female doctor named Mikayla says. She hands me a paper bag with my name written on it. 

''Alright,'' I mumble. Without saying any other word, I leave the room, walking into the corridor. 

My head still hurts. A lot has happened the past few months. Every time I think about the past few events, another one pops up in my head. I think I have to make a list and start working on a plan. I'm not planning on staying here for the rest of my life. I'm willing to do it for a few weeks, perhaps a couple of months, just for the freedom of Rank 2. 

I need new clothes and weapons. At the moment, I look like I just came out of a mental hospital and not like a criminal. My reputation is bad already, I'd like to keep it that way. 

I stare at the floor I'm walking on, heading towards the hallway. I don't know where I have to go to or if I should leave. I decide to go to Brandon's office and ask him about it. It might be stupid, but if he tells me that I can go and that he will leave us alone, I'm agreeing with him. And if he thinks I should stay for the sake of my friends, so be it. 

I raise my hand to knock on the door of Brandon's office, but hear a few voices inside. The moment I want to walk away to come back later, I hear something that breaks my heart. No, it actually tears my heart apart. 

''We executed everyone of Rank 2, boss.''

..................................................................................................................................................

*Brandon pov*

I'm sitting in my office as two of my colleagues walk in. They're both carrying guns and their clothes have blood stains on them. I frown at their sight and quickly sit up straight. 

What the fuck did they do? 

''We executed everyone of Rank 2, boss,'' One of them says. He has dark, curly hair. ''Vicious is officially dead.''

My eyes widen at his words. ''Executed?'' I ask him. ''I told you to abort mission like a week ago.'' 

I get up from my chair and look at the two men in front of me. They share a confused expression with each other and shrug. 

''Dean told us that you said you wanted them dead,'' The other one says. He has a tattoo of a dragon on his arm. 

I groan and throw my head in my neck. I hate Dean. He knew I said that I wanted to keep them alive. 

''Fucking hell,'' I say. ''I'm going to kill that asshole. How am I supposed to gain Taylor's trust if we kill every person she once knew?!'' 

In the middle of my last sentence, Dean walks in. He has a smirk on his face. I want to punch that motherfucker so bad right now. Taylor would stay with me to keep her friends alive. Now I finally have her here, with me, and her friends still died. 

''Because I want her gone,'' Dean says. ''No matter how hard you try, Phiago, you know I'll always win.'' 

He seems to be proud of his actions. 

''And I'm not going to keep her alive, simply because you decided to fall in love with her,'' Dean continues. ''I know she could be useful, but she also has a lot of tricks up her sleeve. I'm not going to risk a whole gang for that. Maybe she just stays here to kill everyone, who knows?''