Lies (27.)

''I'm sorry,'' I say, and I actually mean it. 

''You fucking promised!'' Thomas shouts. 

I don't know what to say. I've never seen him like this. But if you shout at me, I'm shouting back. If you hit me, I'm punching you back. It happened too many times with my parents. Later on I realized it was easier to go to my room. 

''Oh, don't worry,'' he mocks me. ''Nothing is going to happen.'' He stares at me in disbelief. He runs his hand through his wet hair, making it even messier. Water drips from my face. 

''Nothing happened,'' I say. ''I can assure you that.'' 

Thomas scoffs and looks the other way. 

''And if you don't fucking believe me, you ask Brandon,'' I raise my voice. ''Don't act like a fucking 8-year-old. You're better than that and you know it.''

A moment of silence follows. I look at the ground, Thomas stares at the trees next to us. The rain keeps on falling from the sky and it doesn't seem to stop yet. It's getting cold and I'm soaked. 

''Let's go back,'' I mumble, but loud enough that Thomas can hear it. ''It's cold. We'll get sick.'' 

He shakes his head. ''I want to know what happened in the office. You can tell me that nothing happened between you and Brandon, but I saw it with my own eyes. You were pressed against his desk and he held you by your waist.'' 

''I know,'' I say. ''He told me to sit on his desk if I wanted to know his plans. Once I did that, he called me a 'good girl'. I didn't like that, so I got up from the desk again. That's when he pressed me against his desk and that's when you came in.'' 

There. I explained it. Thomas now knows the whole situation. But I swear to fucking God, if he doesn't believe it, I'll make sure he can't get away from here. 

''That's it?'' He asks me. He seems surprised. 

''Yeah, this is what happened,'' I reassure him. ''After that, I went after you.'' 

Thomas looks at the ground. He bites his lip and looks at me. 

''Thanks,'' He suddenly says. I frown at his words. 

''What?'' 

''Thanks for lying to me,'' He says. He sniffs and wants to walk past me, but I grab his arm. 

''I'm not lying,'' I say. 

''You are!'' He looks at me angrily. 

''What the fuck,'' I say. ''Why won't you believe me?'' 

I stand in front of him, holding his arm so he won't walk away. With his other hand, he takes out his phone. He touches the screen and holds it up, so I can read it. 

It's a text.

From Brandon.

Just wanted to let you know how amazing your little colleague was. You should've heard her scream and beg for more. Like I said, status will always win. B. 

My jaw drops when I read the text. This isn't true. 

''He's lying,'' I immediately say. ''Don't believe him. You know better.''

''You lied to me,'' He says. ''You didn't come after me, when I opened that door. You just continued sucking his fucking dick. It took you almost two hours to get here. More than enough time to have sex with him.'' 

I roll my eyes and let go of his arm. ''I'm not even going to explain. Sure, go ahead. Go ahead and believe that fucking devil!'' 

I push him away from me and turn around. I start walking to my car, absolutely done with this shit. Why the fuck would he believe our enemy? 

''So he is telling the truth,'' Thomas says from behind me. ''Since you won't explain what really happened.'' 

I shake my head and try to ignore him. 

''In case you didn't already know,'' He says. ''We're over.'' 

''Great, because I didn't want your ass anyway!'' I respond, acting as if it's nothing. I continue walking. 

I can feel the water inside my shoes. Every step gets heavier. I reach my car and get in. I throw my jacket in the seat next to me and start the car. Thomas gets to his car too. When he looks at me, I show him my middle finger. 

Fuck him.

The only reaction he gives me is that he rolls his eyes. I drive back to the road and give him one last glance. I have absolutely no idea what to do right now. I drive away with full speed. I'm angry. 

Brandon. 

I need Brandon. 

Show him that he can't just fuck around like this. Take away something that's important to him. But the only thing I can think of is his dick. 

A smile appears on my face. 

I know what to do.