55.

It takes us a little while, but eventually we arrive at the ruins of Vicious. The sky is grey and a few birds are sitting on the fallen concrete, chirping a song. 

The whole place looks gloomy. 

I slam the door shut and walk over to the rest. Bianca and Jake took their own car, but they haven't arrived yet. I take out my gun from the holster. I had to get a new one, since my old one doesn't work anymore. 

Leaves crunch when Bianca and Jake finally arrive. They park their car next to ours and get out. 

''That took you long enough,'' I comment. 

''We saw a car from Oblivion on our way here,'' Jake explains. ''Couldn't take the risk.'' He shakes his head and they walk over to me and the rest. 

I nod, understanding his reason. I would've done the same. I'm not going to risk my life simply by driving somewhere. 

''Let's go,'' Thomas says and he turns around to start walking. I walk next to him, the rest of the group behind us. 

''You haven't checked up on your leg,'' He notices. With his head, he points at my leg and the dirty jeans I'm still wearing. ''The fabric has turned red. It looks like it's worse.'' 

I let out an annoyed sigh. ''I didn't really have the time for that, did I?'' I respond, referring to what happened last night. ''First I had to make sure you wouldn't discover my secret..'' 

We continue to walk and I can feel that my leg starts throbbing again. It stings. I have to check it soon, or else my leg won't be of any use. 

''Then all of a sudden Bianca and Jake walk in,'' I continue. ''And then I still had to tell the secret. So no, I didn't have time to check my fucking wounds and other injuries.'' 

Why does he care? Our relationship is over, if you can say we ever had one. Before him and I went to Oblivion, he was acting differently. If one of us had an injury, we would say ''Suck it up'' and kind of laugh at each other. 

''Why are you acting like this?'' Thomas asks me, grabbing my upper arm to prevent me from walking away. The rest of the group walks behind us, not hearing our conversation. My breath hitches for a quick second and I glance at his hand. 

''Well, apparently I have a dark heart and everyone should be afraid of me,'' I say, loud enough for everyone to hear. I repeat the words I heard Bianca say last night. 

The group falls silent and looks at me. Bianca looks at me with a regretful expression. I glance at them, but eventually turn my head to start walking again. Thomas lets me go, his lips forming na straight line on his face. 

Now they know that I know what said about me. And that it hurt me. 

''Come on, then!'' I shout. ''We get some people waiting for us to find them!''

Author's note (AN)

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short. 

Also, this story hit 1000 reads. 

:0 

That's an insane amount. I still can't process it and in the meantime Vicious hit 1200 reads today. The support has been incredible and I really hope everyone still likes it. Thank you all so much. 

Once again, my apologies for the short chapter. 

- The Author