18.

The next morning I wake up with an incredible headache. Which is weird, since I didn't drink that much last night. It's probably just the hectic events of yesterday. Last night was quite wild, and certain scenes keep rolling through my head like a film. 

I feel an arm wrapped around me. I look next to me and see Thomas. My eyes widen in shock.  

''Fucking hell,'' I whisper. 

I gotta be honest, I genuinely hoped last night's sex was a fever dream and that it didn't actually happen. But right now I'm laying in one bed with Thomas, and we're both naked. 

He groans and turns his head to the other side, keeping his eyes closed. Praying that he won't wake up, I try to get out of bed. Thank God I succeed and I walk on my tiptoes to the bathroom. I put on a new pair of underwear, so that I won't look like a new born baby. I tiptoe back to the bedroom and stand with my back to the bed, to pick out some clothes from the closet, planning on getting dressed in the bathroom and then quietly sneak out of this room. 

''Morning,'' A deep voice greets me. 

Mission failed. My plan was to get out of here, before he woke up. I don't want to talk to him after our little... Adventure, last night. I would simply just avoid him all day, until it got to the point where I had to talk to him. 

''Hi,'' I greet him, still standing with my back facing him. I quickly put on a new pair of black jeans and a black shirt and turn around. But, instead of Thomas looking at me, I see him snoring in my bed. 

I let out a sigh of relief. Mission not failed. I bend over to pick up my shoes, but hear a small laugh coming out of bed. 

''You seemed relieved that I went back to sleep,'' Thomas grins. ''I just knew that you would try to avoid me all day. You're definitely the type to do such a thing.'' 

And mission failed again. He just tricked me into thinking he was asleep. 

''Mhm,'' I hum. ''But talking after sex just feels weird.'' 

I sit down on the side of the bed again. Thomas sits up straight and with his arms he tries to pull me towards him, wanting to hug me. 

''Maybe for you,'' He says. ''But it's a tool for me to see if I absolutely destroyed the lucky one last night. And seeing that you're still able to walk and talk to me, shows me that-''

''You failed,'' I finish his sentence with a grin on my face. 

I'm not going to admit that walking hurts a little for me right now..

Thomas pulls me even closer to him and holds me. My head leans against his shoulder. 

''Be careful with what you say or else I will destroy you,'' he says. ''And not only on the inside.'' 

................................................................................................................................................................

It's 4 PM when I see Thomas again. He doesn't make things awkward, which is nice. I stumble upon him in the elevator and I greet him. It stays silent for a while, but then he comes a bit closer to me.

''I was wondering if-'' He tries to ask, but before he's able to finish his sentence, the elevator stops. The doors slide open and Brandon walks in. 

''Good afternoon,'' he greets us. I mumble something back, Thomas stays silent. 

Did Brandon forget what happened last night? That's impossible. 

''I want to apologize for my behavior last night,'' Brandon suddenly says. He turns around to face us and I can see that he quickly looks us up and down, narrowing his eyes a little in suspicion. ''It should've never happened.'' Then he faces the doors again. I hear him sigh and feel the urge to chuckle. 

I look at Thomas and shake my head. It's not the time to fight. It stays silent for a couple more minutes, but Brandon finally walks out. 

''Do you think he means his apology?'' Thomas asks me when the doors close again. I lean against the wall, Thomas does the same, standing across from me. 

''I don't know,'' I answer with a shrug. ''I still don't trust him, so that doesn't help either.'' 

Thomas looks at me and brushes some strands of hair out of my face. 

''You're worried about something,'' He says. ''I can see it in your eyes.'' 

I frown and shake my head. ''I'm not worried.'' 

That's a lie, but I won't tell him that. 

''Like I tried to ask you earlier, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date- No, wait,'' He stops talking and takes a deep breath. ''Would you like to go eat something at the restaurant tonight?'' I look up to him and his expression tells me that he hopes for me to say yes. 

A few alarm bells begin to ring inside my mind, but I try to ignore the unnecessary shouts. 

''Sure,'' I answer. ''I'd like that.'' 

Thomas' face lights up and he smiles. 

''Great,'' He says. 

The elevator stops again, but this time it's because I need to get out. But before I can do so, he plants a small kiss on my lips. I smile at his touch, not expecting he'd do something like that. 

''See you tonight,'' I say. 

''I'll pick you up at 6,'' He says and then the doors close again. 

I walk to my room and open the door. I left earlier than Thomas this morning, because I needed to be somewhere. I expect it to still be a mess, but surprisingly it isn't. 

The bed is made, any old packaging is gone and it smells fresh. On the small desk, I find a small note. 

In case I don't see you anymore today, I'm leaving this note. I'm hoping that you would like to go out tonight, just let me know by texting me. 

Have a great day :) 

-T

His handwriting is neat and I smile at the note. It's cute. Thomas never seemed to be the guy doing things like this, but apparently he does. He keeps surprising me. Just like me, he doesn't let his guard down easily. He likes to keep things to himself. 

I look out of my window and think about tonight. It won't be anything special. Thomas probably wants to go out with me because of last night. I assume that he wants to tell me to just forget it and that it was just a one time thing. I'm perfectly fine with that, though. 

I smile and read the note one more time. It's not special or something, but it's been a while that someone left me a note like this. It just brings me memories from a good time. 

So this is how it feels to be happy.