25.

I open the door to my room and walk in. This morning was definitely not what I expected. Because of that, I'm still wearing Thomas' clothes. The shirt smells like him and the whole outfit is just very comfortable. 

While putting on my own clothes that I brought back, I quickly eat a cracker. Crackers are okay. Bread is a big no. 

I sigh and sit down on my bed. I don't feel tired, but I do feel empty. A feeling that I don't have often and a feeling that I hate. It's similar to feeling numb, but even that's something different. 

I'm on my way to Brandon's office 15 minutes later. I don't feel like talking to him, but that's mostly because I hate him. He's a filthy rat, with smooth talks and an annoying attitude. I lean against one of the walls in the elevator and scroll through my phone. 

Social media has stopped working two years ago. No one ever explained why, they just announced it. The only things that I use on my phone are my alarm clock, something secret that I use to text people and my notes. 

In my notes is just false information. In case someone decides to hack my phone. This way, they won't be able to track our actual plans. Our real plans are in a notebook. 

I arrive at Brandon's office and walk in. Knocking is something I never do. Brandon sits behind his desk, as usual. He's smoking a cigarette and he reads something. His face is hidden behind the book that he's holding. 

''You know, Taylor, you really should start knocking on someone's door,'' He says. He looks at me and throws the book on the desk. 

''It's your office,'' I say. ''What gross things do you do here, if I should knock?'' 

I don't even bother to sit down. I cross my arms and wait for Brandon to answer my question. 

''This is indeed my office,'' He says. ''But does that stop me from having sex here? Does that stop me from jerking myself off in here?'' He shakes his head. ''I don't think so.'' 

I roll my eyes in disgust. This man is disgusting. Thinking he can get everything and everyone. He probably thinks that he is Mr. Fantastic. The best person in the world. 

''I can see that you don't like it,'' Brandon smirks. ''But you might be the next one that'll sit on this desk, begging for more.'' He chuckles, letting his fingers slide over the top of his desk. 

''Never in a million years would I do that,'' I say. ''If you want to do so, with all of these little whores that you have, go ahead. I won't stop you. But you'll never have me. Not even in your dreams.'' 

''I doubt that,'' He mumbles. ''You don't even want that Thomas guy. And by the looks on some faces in this place, he's considered to be one of the hotties. But the girls always look at me like that too, so I won't complain. A little competition doesn't hurt anyone.'' 

He gets up from his chair and walks over to the window. He leans against the glass and looks at me. 

''I don't even know what you're talking about,'' I say. ''What you just said was pure bullshit.'' 

Brandon chuckles again. 

''The reason I'm here is to ask you a question,'' I continue. ''The other day I heard something about one of the reasons why Oblivion wants to attack Vicious. I want to know what our plans are. How are we going to attack them?'' 

''Oh, Taylor,'' He says and he starts walking towards me. ''I can't tell you that. You know that I don't trust you. And you don't trust me. In fact, you even hate me.'' 

I scoff. ''We have the same goal. Getting rid off Vicious and taking back what used to belong to.. someone around here.'' I hesitate for a second, not entirely sure how I should put it into words. 

''I know,'' He says. He stops walking, standing right in front of me. He looks into my eyes and smirks again. ''But once I need you, you will hear from me. And I'm sure that it won't be for business only.'' 

''Come on,'' I say, ignoring his dumb comment. ''What do you want me to do, in order to get me some information? There must be a way.''

To hopefully change his mind, I take his hand into mine. ''Think about it. I get what I want, and you get what you want.'' 

I hate to touch him, but for fucks sake let it work. He looks at my hand holding his, but doesn't say anything. He stands close to me, but somehow comes even closer. I can hear the rhythm of his breathing, which hitches for a quick moment. 

''Do you have any idea?'' I continue to ask him, still trying to get an answer out of him. 

Just answer me. It's not that hard. 

He suddenly lets me go and steps away from me. 

''Sit down on my desk,'' He slowly says. 

Oh God no. I'm aware of the fact that the mood in the room became more sexual, but this was never my plan. 

When he sees me hesitating, he sighs. ''If you want to know my plans, you have to sit down on my desk.'' 

I walk over to him and sit down. He faces me and grins. 

''Good girl.'' 

I'm sorry, what? Did he really just have the nerve to say that?  

I get up and stand in front of him. ''No one calls me a good girl.'' 

I'm about to give up and go back to my room, when he takes a step closer to me. We stand chest against chest. The desk against my legs. If I have to escape, there's no way. He knows the way around this office better than me, he'll definitely be faster than me and take out some sort of weapon.

''Well, I just said it,'' He whispers under his breath. ''Nothing you can do about it.'' I turn my head to the side, looking around to find some sort of escape route or maybe even an object I can use as a weapon. 

His hands hold me by my waist. I can smell the cologne he wears. We both don't say anything. 

After a few minutes I can hear footsteps approaching. I pray that they will walk past Brandon's office, but they stop. 

I try to get away from Brandon, but he's standing too close to me. The moment I want to push him away, the door opens. My head shoots to the other side and my eyes widen. 

It's Thomas. 

Fuck.