We got in (12).

It's 9 AM when James wakes me up. I feel like shit and probably look like shit. But no fucks are given about that. 

I get ready. My outfits are not that different, just black jeans, black boots, a plain shirt and sometimes a jacket. These clothes are just comfortable for me to move in and that's the most important to me. 

The room I'm staying at isn't that big. When you walk in, you're standing in a tiny hallway and there's a door on your left: the bathroom. When you walk further, you'll find a bedroom with tv and a closet. That room gets connected with another one with a second door. That room looks the same as the other, but minus the hallway and bathroom. 

After I brushed my teeth, I walk into James' room. I don't know my way around this place, so the only thing I can do is wait for James. He puts on his shoes when I walk in. 

''Can you call or message Brandon?'' I ask him, making him look up. ''He wanted to talk about us joining Oblivion, I don't have the patience to wait.'' 

''Uhm, you can text that other... Guy,'' James says. ''We'll get him at his room and then we'll go to Brandon.'' 

I nod and grab my phone. 

Taylor: Get ready, James and I will pick you up in a few minutes. 

Thomas: Okay. Are we going to talk to Brandon?

Taylor: Yes. Hurry up, I'm not planning on waiting.

................................................................................................................................................................

A little while later, we walk to Brandon's office. James wants to knock on the door of the office, but I'm a bit faster than he is and just burst into the room. Brandon sits in his chair, doing some paperwork. His gaze turns to us when we walk in. Thomas follows me. 

''You said you wanted to talk in the morning, so here we are,'' I say. I cross my arms, not wanting to sit down. 

''I know I said that,'' Brandon says with a grin. Oh, how I hate that man. He's not dangerous or intimidating, just really fucking annoying. He knows exactly what to say, no matter what's happening at that moment. It's as if he knows what's going to happen beforehand and owns something like a script. 

From where I'm standing, I can see his handwriting. The same one as on the threats we received. I look at the wall behind him, several paintings and pictures are hung up on it. There are a few that I recognize from the video. He sees me looking at the wall and smiles. 

''You might recognize a few,'' Brandon says. Thomas immediately stands up from his chair. He knows what Brandon's talking about and he doesn't look very happy with that. 

''I do, actually,'' I say in a calm voice. Brandon wants to see me get emotional, weak. 

Not going to happen. 

''You know, Taylor,'' he continues. He turns his chair to face me. ''I always thought that, under that thick layer of... I don't even know how to describe it, if I'm honest. But I always thought there would be a bit of empathy. Empathy for that one boy that liked you.'' 

He stands up and comes closer. 

''I can remember his shouting like it happened yesterday,'' he whispers, so only I can hear it. I don't want to satisfy him, so I don't give him a reaction. Brandon's face falls neutral again and he sits down in his chair, once he realized that I won't respond to him. He doesn't finish whatever he wanted to tell me and scrapes his throat. 

''But that's not important now,'' He says. ''I thought about you two, last night. And I do want the two of you in Oblivion. So... I welcome you.'' It sounds very official and like he actually means it. 

Thomas looks a bit shocked, almost as if he doesn't believe it. ''Wait, you.. accepted us?'' 

Brandon nods and turns his chair to me. He smiles again, a fake one, and looks me up and down. I look away in disgust and make the gesture to get out of here. 

''Enjoy your stay.'' 

If only he knew what we are planning on doing...

If only he knew...