This is why you shouldn't let me wear heels. (69.)

We continue to eat our dinner. For the next hour, the two of us talk about normal things, like our family, friends or hobbies. But sometimes Brandon acts strange. He looks around the restaurant with a worried expression on his face, to eventually turn his head back to me and act like he didn't do anything. 

''This is the fourth time you've looked around like that,'' I say when I see him do it again. ''Is there something wrong?'' 

He turns his head back to me and shakes his head. ''There's noth-''

In the middle of his sentence three men with guns in their hands walk into the restaurant. One of them, a man with a beard, shoots a bullet against the ceiling, like a warning signal. The sound of falling bullets fills the quiet room before the innocent guests begin to scream and run back to the entrance. 

The men look around the room, searching for a specific someone. 

''There she is!'' 

I drop my cutlery when I see that they're pointing at me. They quickly march over to us and I get up from my chair, to get away. One of the three men, the one with a dragon tattoo on his arm, punches me in the face. I grab the seat and slam it against the side of the man's head who was standing the closest to me. He grunts in pain and I can see that he has a cut on his cheek. 

''Motherfucker,'' I say as I wipe the blood from my face. I can't tell if it's my own blood or the blood from the one who's lying unconscious on the ground. Either way, it's gross. 

''Open fire, she's fighting back,'' The man with the beard shouts to his other colleague. 

''Whoa, whoa, whoa,'' Brandon says from behind me, recognizing the two men in front of us. He also got up from his chair. ''What the fuck are you doing here?'' 

The man with the beard looks at his colleague for a second, before lowering his gun. 

''Dean wants her dead by tonight,'' He tells us. ''He told you that you could do it yourself or that we would do it. Either way, she's going to die.'' 

They don't pay attention to me at all. I crouch down next to the unconscious man and grab the gun from his hands. 

''Come on, Blossom,'' His colleague says. His light eyes have a devilish look in them. ''Just obey and it will all be over soon.'' 

I don't like the tone in his voice. It's condescending. As if I'm some little girl who has no idea what's going on whenever and wherever. 

''You chose to kill the wrong person,'' I say and I pull the trigger twice, without hesitation, shooting two bullets at the colleague. His light eyes widen and he falls to the ground. ''And never call me Blossom.'' 

''You fucking bitch,'' The man with the beard says as he stares at his two colleagues. Our eyes meet and I narrow mine. While I stare into his eyes, I aim the gun at the unconscious man behind me and pull the trigger. 

''Two are already dead,'' I say. ''I wonder who's going to be the last one.'' 

The man begins to laugh and aims the gun at me again. ''It's not going to be me, Princess.''

What is it with these guys and all of their nicknames? Blossom.. Princess.. It makes me want to gag. 

I aim the gun at the man in front of me. ''It's not going to be me either.'' 

Like he read my thoughts, Brandon has picked up the weapon from the man I just shot. 

''And it's definitely not going to be me,'' Brandon says and from behind the man with the beard, he pulls the trigger and shoots the man in front of me in his back. He grunts in pain. 

The man falls to the ground, on his back. I let the weapon slide out of my hands, causing a clattering noise. 

''Did you plan this?'' I turn my head to Brandon, who has lowered the weapon in his hands. 

He immediately shakes his head. ''Of course not.'' 

''Then why was he talking about Dean and you?'' I continue and I point at the man with the beard. Shallow breaths leaves his lips, telling me that he's still alive. ''He said that Dean told you that you could kill me yourself or that they would do it.'' 

I stop talking and wait for an explanation. He stammers for a quick second, before opening his mouth again. 

''I thought they wouldn't find us here,'' He brings out. ''I.. I thought you would be safe here. I didn't expect for them to come here.'' 

I sigh in disappointment. ''They're obviously going to follow you, dumbass.'' I roll my eyes in disbelief. I thought that he would at least use his brain. 

''Of course we were going to follow you,'' The man with the beard says. He stammers a bit. ''You should've seen the money Dean offered us. It was too good to-''

I walk up to him, standing next to his side as he speaks. I lift my leg up a little bit and slam my heel into one of his eyes in the middle of his sentence. He immediately shuts up. 

Brandon gasps at the sight of my heel in one of the man's eyes. He looks at me in horror, but a smirk begins to form on his face. 

With a contorted face, I pull the heel out of the man's eye. Blood sticks to the shoe and it looks gross. Brandon walks up to me, sliding his arm around my waist. We begin to walk away, making our way over to the exit. 

''This is why you shouldn't let me wear heels,'' I say as we walk outside. 

''That's my girl,'' He mumbles.