2:٢ | the perfect gift

Bill Weasley had apparated them into a small studio apartment

Bill Weasley had apparated them into a small studio apartment. Malak couldn't take it. The sudden movement of the apparition and the events that had just unfolded with her uncle made her sick.

When her feet touched the ground, she rushed to detach her hand from that of the red haired wizard and she threw up. She wrapped her arms around herself, bending from the stomach to try to stop the fluids coming out of her. She coughed violently, residues of her own vomit still trapped in her throat.

"Not used to apparition, I see" Bill Weasley tried to diffuse the tension, as he leaned to assist the girl.

"N-no... I... em... I..." she tried to speak, with a rough voice, her throat irritated as a consequence of the incident. She was now squatting dangerously close to the floor, hugging her knees. Sniffling. And crying uncontrollably, as her body softly rocked back and forth. She wailed sharply as she bit her lip.

Bill Weasley did not know what to do. He felt sorry for the young witch, painfully regarding the scene developing at his small apartment. He squatted down to be leveled with her, and placed a reassuring hand on her back.

"Hey, don't worry" he whispered. "It's going to be alright, you are safe now."

Malak looked at him, with tears still in her eyes, and she was able to mutter a low-voice, heart-felt "thank you".

Bill helped her straighten up, and embraced her as she kept sobbing. They sat down on the worn sofa of the apartment and he kept his arm around her shoulders, as he tried to wipe away her tears with a piece of cloth.

After she had calmed down and regaining her composure, the Egyptian witch waved her hand, cleaning the mess she had caused in the small living room.

"So wandless, non-verbal magic? I thought Dumbledore said you were 13?" Bill spoke, surprise evident in his voice.

"I am." She confirmed. "I've never used a wand before. I don't even have one. My grandma taught me this way."

"Wow, you are going to put those poor Hogwarts students to shame" he laughed, leading Malak to a soft chuckle as well.

"If I make it."

"You will, won't you?"

"I don't know, after what just happened I don't know what I am going to do..." she trailed off.

"Do you want to talk about if?" Bill offered.

"Emm... Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt. That back at El Fishawy was my uncle" she started. "He was... I don't know, just very weird. He tried to read my mind. Well, he did actually. And then he tried to convince me that he was on my side, that he wanted to help me, build a relation or something. He had not been on good terms with my grandmother since even before I was born, and now he wanted to portray as if he was offended because I didn't tell him about her death, or I didn't invite him the house... to mourn her..." she paused.