14:١٤ | dreams of freedom

"Daughter!?" Harry could not believe the words of the prisoner of Azkaban

To be completely honest, Malak herself was a bit taken aback when he uttered those words with such ferocity. She had put the pieces together, but his confidence was almighty.

Malak's soul was swollen, overwhelmed by intense feelings.

He was just so sure — no doubts; no hesitation. He was ready to do everything imaginable to protect her — his voice showed his relentless resolve, no reluctance or reservations.

Sirius Black moved to stand in between Malak and Peter Pettigrew, taking a protective stance. Like a lion ready devour its prey in order to protect its cub.

Suddenly, Charlie's words made a lot of sense — a sense of security. A blessing.

Malak, do you have a wand? he spoke telepathically, taken her by surprise.

He must have learned it to speak to my mom.

Malak turned her hand, bringing Snape's wand to her and expertly reassembling it to hand it to her father, who never took his eyes off the ratman.

Her father. The sole thought was so foreign, yet so natural.

"Malak, are you insane!?" Ron protested. "He is a mass murderer!"

"Have you not been listening, Ronald!?" The Egyptian glared at him exasperated.

Meanwhile, Lupin had also approached his old school friend, and both him and Sirius were circling around the man. Ready to hunt him.

"Well, hello, Peter," said Lupin in a rather scary tone. "Long time, no see."

"S—Sirius... R—Remus..." Pettigrew's voice was squeaky. "My friends... my old friends..."

Sirius' arm rose, but Lupin seized him around the wrist, and gave him a warning took, then turned again to Pettigrew.

"We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking —"

"Remus," gasped Pettigrew, "you don't believe him, do you...? He tried to kill me, Remus..."

"So we've heard," said Lupin, more coldly. "I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you, Peter, if you'll be so —"

"He's come to try and kill me again!" Pettigrew squeaked, pointing at Sirius. "He killed Lily and James and now he's going to kill me too... You've got to help me, Remus..."

Sirius' face looked more skull-like than ever as he stared at Pettigrew with his fathomless eyes.

"I knew he'd come after me! I knew he'd be back for me! I've been waiting for this for twelve years!" Pettigrew squealed again.