6:٦ | the forest

After the Quidditch tryouts, that resulted in Angie, Ali, Katie and the twins making the team, Malak decided to take a walk by herself on the castle grounds

The Care of Magical Creatures class had taken place just on the edge of the Forbidden Forest, and there was just something about those woods that caught Malak's curiosity. The Forest had been in her mind all week, and the weekend seemed like the perfect opportunity to satisfy her curiosity.

As she entered the forest, she inhaled deeply, closing her eyes to allow her other senses to adapt. She wanted to take in all the surroundings, the smells, the sensations, the soul of the forest. Malak kept walking in, letting her intuition guide her, as the sunlight kept fading away. She found herself in a glade, and she felt the presence of other beings around her.

Centaurs she whispered to herself. What an interesting day that was going to be.

She spent most of the day around the fascinating creatures, which had accepted her presence as soon as Malak had shown them that she meant no harm. On the contrary, she was eager to learn from them —Malak Aboul Gheit was aware of the profound knowledge centaurs possessed in the fields of divination and astrology, and was thankful to the group to have let her stay with them.

It was almost dinner time when she started heading back to the castle. She walked in the darkness of the forest briskly; she was actually quite hungry.

As she was passing by Hagrid's hut, she saw Harry Potter and Ron Weasley leaving the gamekeeper's home, just as a black boarhound darted out as well, running towards Malak Aboul Gheit in full speed.

"Fang," Hagrid's loud, deep voice called the animal, "Fang, no, leave her alone. Don't be afraid he is not..." but Malak wasn't paying attention to the gigantic man —she was already playing with the dog, who seemed to love to be petted around the neck.

"Hi there, Fang," she addressed the animal, "I am Malak."

"Hey Malak," Harry greeted her, followed by Ron.

"Oh, hey guys, I almost didn't see you there." Turning to address Hogwarts gamekeeper, she introduced herself, "Hello, Mr. Hagrid, I am Malak."

"Hello, lass," Rubeus Hagrid said, "I see you've already made a new friend," he pointed at Malak and the dog.

"Yeah, he is just lovely."

"Well, you can come by any time to play with him," Hagrid offered, "he loves company."

"I will definitely do that!" She beamed, "now, how about some dinner? I'm starving."