3:٣ | the burrow

Malak Aboul Gheit had been at the Burrow for a bit less than a week now

Malak Aboul Gheit had been at the Burrow for a bit less than a week now. The twins had insisted on her arriving early, to show her all the early prototypes of the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes first product lines.

Malak had contributed significantly to the development of some of the items, but she was surprised to find out just how much the twins had advanced during the summer, under the strict vigilance of Molly Weasley. Maybe that's were Malak should invest her money, and forget potion business that had surely provided her with a stable income during her emancipation process, but was never really her passion. WWW could be huge, and she would be partially working with her best friends, without giving up her healing dreams. She should run the idea through her dad and Remus the next time they met — surely the Marauders would be on board with a joke shop.

She was thinking about these and other things that Monday morning at the Burrow. Malak had come back to her habit of waking up early during her stay at the Weasleys, and was now getting started on breakfast for the family, to give Mrs. Weasley a hand. Just as she was beginning to break the eggs, she heard someone apparate in the Weasley's cozy living/dining room.

Malak went to see who it was, only to be met by those blue eyes of his, that never failed to hypnotize her. He was staring back at her, not having expected to find the Egyptian witch there, but most definitely delighted about it.

"Charlie!"

Malak ran to him, and threw herself into his arms. Those strong arms that held her so surely. A few tears of of pure and utter happiness fell from her green eyes, her face still pinned to the dragon tamer's chest while his head rested on top of hers, one of his arms wrapped firmly around her waist and the other one holding her head against him. He kissed the top of her head affectionately, as she tilted her blushed face up, for their eyes to meet.

"I've missed you so much!" she whispered, her lips trembling as a result of the strong emotions she was feeling.

"I've missed you too, my bunny," he admitted, her pet name causing Malak to feel weak on her knees. If he wouldn't have been holding her, she would have surely fallen.

Charlie looked down at her. At her lips, his eyes abandoning hers, and he imagined just for a split second how it would feel to kiss those rosy lips. He could not even think straight, emotions completely overflowing him.

When they finally let go of each other, Malak took a few deep breaths to recover.

"I must admit, much better than the last time I saw you apparate, Charlie" she giggled, remembering the dramatic scene at Beit-l-Gheit the previous year.

"I couldn't risk being discovered" he laughed. "I cannot ask you to keep lying to cover my tracks."

"Yes, you can. I'll do it."

"I know, bunny" Charlie replied in a low voice. He was certain of it. "Do you need help with breakfast?" he pointed at the eggshell she was still holding.