10:١٠ | quidditch cup

A sense of excitement rose like a palpable cloud over the campsite as the afternoon wore on

A sense of excitement rose like a palpable cloud over the campsite as the afternoon wore on. By dusk, the still summer air itself seemed to be quivering with anticipation, as darkness spread like a curtain over the thousands of waiting wizards.

The Weasley party, Malak, Harry and Hermione were now ready to cheer for their chosen team, having spend the rest of the afternoon dealing with vendors to purchase all sorts of merchandise and flags.

Moreover, an England v. Egypt match to be played at the Burrow after the final had been scheduled, so there was a lot to look forward to.

All of a sudden a deep, booming gong sounded somewhere beyond the woods, and at once, green and red lanterns blazed into life in the trees, lighting a path to the field.

"It's time!" said Mr. Weasley, looking as excited as any of them. "Come on, let's go!"

With Mr. Weasley in the lead, they all hurried into the wood, following the lantern-lit trail. They could hear the sounds of thousands of people moving around them, shouts and laughter, snatches of singing. The atmosphere of feverish excitement was highly infectious.

"Excited, bunny?" Charlie questioned, wrapping an arm around Malak's shoulders, as he, Bill and Ginny caught up with the Egyptian witch and the twins.

"Definitely!" grinned Malak. "Aren't we all?"

"I have a question," Ginny spoke out of the blue, "why do you call her 'bunny'?"

Malak and Charlie' eyes immediately found each other and they shared a look complicity, both of them smirking at the memory.

A bit over a year had passed since then, but thanks to Charlie's poor apparition skills, both his and Malak's life had changed completely. Just how much, they were yet to find out, but at that particular moment, Ginny's question made Charlie realize that, in fact, he could not imagine his life without Malak being a part of it. And he couldn't suppress a smirk at the thought.

He was only brought back from his thoughts by her voice precisely.

"Charlie?" Malak playfully questioned, freeing herself from his arm and skipping a few steps foward to turn around and look at the walking party, laughing. "Care to explain?"

For just a second Charlie was completely mesmerized by her. The way her chocolate brown hair flew gracefully around her, almost as it was magic. Her laughter, her smile. Her jadeish eyes. She was glowing — or so Charlie thought.

He shook his head in disbelief and smiling widely he jogged to catch up with her, trapping her waist and lifting the Egyptian up in the air as if she weighted no more than a feather. He pulled her towards him, making Malak lose her balance, and allowing him to throw her over his shoulder with ease.

"Charlie put me down at this instant!" she yelled, letting out at shriek of laughter.

"Absolutely not" he smiled, squeezing her momentarily. "You can't tease me like that and expect me to let it go so easily."