9:٩ | the lecture

"I would like to put on record that I find this completely unnecessary" Malak Aboul Gheit stated

She was getting cold feet about letting the dragon go.

"So you think we should keep the dragon at Hogwarts despite Malfoy seeing it?" Harry Potter questioned incredulously.

"Well, yes!" Malak stated. "We are perfectly capable of caring for her, we just need to keep her in the forest, which is off limits for students anyways, so nobody can accuse us of keeping her there because they are not supposed to be in there to begin with."

"I see you have been giving it much thought" Harry continued, "but why do you insist on calling it a 'she'? Hagrid is convinced it's a male."

"Hagrid is wrong" said Malak "this is clearly a female Norwegian Ridgeback —you can see that from the color of this scales here, they are supposed to be darker in males. Also the rare patters on the egg suggested that she is in fact a she. Plus she has the attitude of a female. Have you read A Guide to Dragons? Fire and Blood? 1001 Dragon Breeds? You will find this information there."

"Thanks, Malak, duly noted."

"You are impossible to convince!"

"We are not keeping it" Harry stated sternly.

"Her," she corrected.

"And is all of this really necessary?" Harry pointed out at the box Malak had prepared — what she called 'Norberta's Care-package'.

"It is," she explained, "the first parchment has all relevant information about her breed, the second one about her, then there is the treats they can give her while traveling, then there is her actual meals. Also, I've packed some food for them as well, they are human beings after all." She paused to recall, "ah! And all sorts of potions they may need, you know, in case an accident like Ron's happens."

"Do you know these people are Wizards, right? Harry stated.

"They are only going to the dragon sanctuary to visit! They are hardly dragon tamers,Harry! From what we know, they know nothing about dragons!!"

"And they won't have time to read your parchment" Harry pointed out, "they will give it to actual dragon tamers." Well, he was right about that part, Malak had to concede.

After a while, a group of four guys and two girls arrived to the tower. Malak was so nervous. She was not delighted to let baby Norberta go. But she had no other choice, she knew perfectly well.