3:٣ | the dog star

The Weasleys had been all over Egypt

The Weasleys had been all over Egypt. From Aswan to Abu Simbel; from Luxor and the Banks of the Nile River to the Red Sea and its marine wonders —they had experienced it all.

The last few days of the trip were going to be spent in Cairo, where they would visit the bazars, the mosques of the Old City, and of course the Pyramids of Giza. The Daily Prophet had set an interview with them —the winners of their infamous Galleon Draw— and they were more than delighted to find out that Malak Aboul Gheit was going to join the tour of those Ancient Wonders.

Currently, the Weasleys and Malak were having dinner outside, just like the first night the family had spent in the land of the Pharaohs. All in the light of the starry summer night and its pleasant breeze, contrasting with the uncomfortable heat of the day the Weasleys had experienced — the dog days of that Egyptian summer, after the rising of the Dog Star.

They were recalling memories, telling Malak the tale of the adventures they had lived around the country.

"Oh Malaki, that shop you told us in Dahab" George had started, only to Fred to complete "it had everything we could imagine". The twins agreed that Zonko was an amateur in comparison.

But Ron was definitely the Weasley sibling most impressed by the trip. He seemed to never run of things to say —even if he was repeating an anecdote for the third or fourth time.

"And we'll have to live with this during the whoooooole school year" Fred cried.

Just as if that was their cue, a small army of owls entered the garden, bringing with them six Hogwarts letters. Percy was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, claiming that that meant he was already late to begin studying for his N.E.W.T.s.

Malak laughed at this, while opening her own letter. "This can simply not be."

"He is always like this, Malak, you should be used by now" stated George.

"No! This," Malak said, flashing a prefect badge, "it simply cannot be!"

"They made a mistake" the twins declared. "That's not for you."

"Definitely! It must be Angie's!" Malak couldn't believe it — she had not been exactly the best student in terms of discipline.

"How many times where you caught sneaking in the forest?" George questioned, for his twin to guess "perhaps, like three hundred and seventy two? I would say so," he stated matter-of-factly.

"And Filch, and Peeves, and the ghosts..." she continued. "I can't be a prefect."

"The forest?" Bill asked, while Charlie smiled. "On your own?" Malak nodded "are you stupid? It's dangerous, Malak."

"I suppose you say this based on personal experience, Mr. Head Boy?"she retorted. Bill was not the kind of student that would venture in the forest, Malak was sure.