8:٨ | the hatch

"Good afternoon, Hagrid I brou-

"Good afternoon, Hagrid I brou-... DEAR GODRIC IS THAT A DRAGON EGG!?"

"Shh! Malak! Stop, don't-..." Hagrid shushed her abruptly.

"This is amazing! Just great!" Malak could not be happier. "And by the looks of the egg it should be a Norwegian Ridgeback!"

"Oh! Oh! Really? Yeh think?" the caretaker was actually impressed by the revelation of the Egyptian witch.

"Yeah, it should be," Malak continued, "I've never really seen one, but it surely fits the description. Are you keeping it?"

"Yes?" Hagrid had of course no intention of not keeping the dragon, he just wanted to weigh Malak's reaction.

"Okay, we are going to need A LOT of things to make it hatch!"

"You would help me?"

"Are you kidding me!? I'll be honored. I mean, unless you don't want me to? I've always wanted to have a dragon, but you know, it's forbidden and all that," the Egyptian girl confessed.

"Yeah, I've always wanted one to... So what do we need?"

"First of all to read! I know about African Dragons, but not so much about European ones." She proceeded "let's get  Dragon Species of Continental Europe and From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper's Guide to begin with."

"I can get it from the library."

"Okay good" she confirmed "I will get the fire started."

About two hours later, Hagrid and Malak had successfully created an incubator for the egg, kindled by the fire of the gamekeeper's hut

"It is definitely a Norwegian Ridgeback," Malak concluded, "see? This is the description of the egg."

There was a knock on the door, completely startling the pair. Hagrid called "Who is it?" before opening the door, only to find the Golden Trio of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.