19:١٩ | the champions

"What is it?" Fleur Delacour broke the silence

"What is it?" Fleur Delacour broke the silence. "Do zey want us back in ze 'all?"

Her voice seemed to wake Malak up from her trance. With three long strides, the Egyptian witch crossed the room to stand in front of her godbrother, who was simply staring at them with a vacant look in his eyes.

"Harry!?" Malak demanded — her lips were quivering in anger and she had to bit them to stop the movement.

"I didn't put my name, I swear Malak" he whispered in a worried, nervous voice.

I'm a swift motion, the hand of the Egyptian went to rest on his forehead, just on top of his scar, to look into his memories of the last 24 hours. The boy's godsister just needed to make sure there wasn't any dark magic involved in the submission of his name. As the memories played on the back of his mind like an old muggle film, Harry felt a strange relief in knowing that Malak would undoubtedly believe him.

Just then, there was a sound of scurrying feet behind them, and Ludo Bagman entered the room. He took Harry by the arm and led him forward, completely ignoring Malak.

"Extraordinary!" he muttered, squeezing Harry's arm. "Absolutely extraordinary! Gentlemen... ladies," he added. "May I introduce —incredible though it may seem— the fourth Triwizard champion?"

Viktor Krum straightened up. His surly face darkened as he surveyed Harry. Fleur Delacour, tossed her hair, smiling, and said, "Oh, vairy funny joke, Meester Bagman."

"Joke?" Bagman repeated, bewildered. "No, no, not at all! Harry's name just came out of the Goblet of Fire!"

"But evidently zair 'as been a mistake," the French girl continued. "E cannot compete. 'E is not of age."

"Well... it is amazing," said Bagman, rubbing his smooth chin and smiling down at Harry. "But, as you know, the age restriction was only imposed this year as an extra safety measure. And as his name's come out of the goblet... I mean, I don't think there can be any ducking out at this stage... It's down in the rules, you're obliged... Harry will just have to do the best he —"

"He didn't submit his name" Malak spoke sternly, looking at Bagman straight in the eye. Perhaps it was him that had done it, hoping to win one of his extravagant bets — too suspicious if he did it himself but if done through a third person it could easily had been him. Just the thought of it made all blood in her body rush through the veins of the Egyptian, boiling in anger.

Luckily for Bagman, the door behind them opened again, and a large group of people came in — Professor Dumbledore, followed closely by Mr. Crouch, Professor Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Snape.

"Madame Maxime!" said Fleur at once, striding over to her headmistress. "Zey are saying zat zis little boy is to compete also! 'E is not of age"

"What is ze meaning of zis, Dumbly-dorr?" she said imperiously.