28:٢٨ | the pre-Yule Ball

A FEW WEEKS EARLIER

A FEW WEEKS EARLIER...

Hey, hey dear brother!

Who is this?

Fred and George, your favorite brothers, obviously.

Oh! I've heard about the two of you!

Yes, of course you have! You've changed our diapers.

I don't think so... I was in Azkaban at the time...

This is Sirius Black.

I am assuming you want to talk to your brother Bill?

At the Gryffindor 6-year girls dormitories, Fred and George shared a concerned look.

"I thought you said it was this one!" Fred protested, holding the piece of parchment up.

"Come on, mate! It's a piece of parchment," George retorted, "it looks exactly like any other piece of parchment."

"I didn't know Bill had one," Fred commented absentmindedly, before taking the quill to continue writing.

His brother however knew that the oldest Weasley sibling didn't have a linked parchment, so he snatched the quill from his twin.

I think we've got the wrong parchment, Mr. Black.

[Different hand writing] I'm assuming you wanted Charlie, didn't you?

Fred Wesley was utterly confused, and gave his brother the weirdest of looks before taking the quill back from him.

Bill?

Yes, you idiots. Didn't you notice the change in handwriting?

"Would you stop doing that, Forge?" George protested, reaching for the quill again.

Yeah, we got the wrong parchment.

"How did you know?" Fred asked.

"I know Bill doesn't have one of this," his twin explained.

"I'm starting to think you are Malak's favorite..." Fred sounded almost offended.

"I am, Fred, that's a fact."

Thank Merlin he didn't realize. Not the biggest fan of our dearest brother Charlie.