1:١ | rania

~ about 17 years ago

"Rania? Rania!? Are you okay!?"

Sirius Black darted up from the shared bed, his drowsiness fading immediately as he ran to the bathroom, where he found the Egyptian witch kneeling over the toilet and throwing up.

Rania was holding her stomach, wincing in pain and twisting uncomfortably on the floor.

"Hey, love, what's going on?" he spoke softly, kneeling next to his girlfriend and holding her long brown hair to keep it out of her face. "Are you alright, sweetheart?"

Rania gave the man an apologetic look, before turning back to the toilet and continue emptying the contents of her stomach.

"Just a stomach flu, ya 7ayati (my life), nothing to worry about" she coughed, finally standing up.

"Let me make you a tea" he offered.

"I'm already late for work, Sirius."

"You are sick, you shouldn't even go, Rania" he tried to convince her.

"What kind of healer would I be if a simple stomach flu knocks me down?" she snickered. "I'll make myself a potion as soon as I get to the Hospital, you don't need to worry."

She washed her teeth under the careful scrutiny of Sirius' eyes.

"You are going to be late as well Sirius, yalla!

He hugged her from behind, pressing her hips softly against the counter, and looking at her from the mirror.

Sirius caressed her face and planted soft kisses on her neck, causing her to giggle.

"Ba7ebik, ya Rania (I love you Rania)"

"W ana ba7ebak kaman, ya 7abibi (and I love you too, my love)" Rania smiled widely, turning around to peck his lips. "Bas e7na mita'akhireen, yalla! (But we are late, let's go!)"

Sirius did not react. He was entranced. All he could do was think about how lucky he was to have a girl like her by his side.

As soon as this war is over, I'm marrying her.

"Sirius! Come back!" Rania snapped her fingers in front of his eyes, and he was brought back finally.

"Don't forget to take the potion as soon as you arrive, Rania!" he urged her. "And please stay safe!"

She did take the potion as soon as she set foot in St. Mungo's. Yet it did nothing to cure her sickness.

It was not a stomach flu.

Rania Aboul Gheit cried and cried and cried when she found out the news. In another situation, in another moment, with another background, the news would have made her the happiest woman on Earth.