2:٢ | bunny

"Here, drink this" said Malak, giving Charlie a steaming cup of what seemed to be Arab tea, "it doesn't taste great, but it will be good for you bones," she explained him, endearingly

"His bones?" Bill was surprised and concerned, "what happened to your bones?"

Charlie looked miserable, not wanting to explain the apparition incident to his elder brother, knowing very well that it you entail endless teasing for the years to come.

"It's the... the humidity of Romania," Malak lied, "that's not good for his bones, he should take care."

"Oh wow, look at mom Malak here, all cute and worried about you and your bones" the curse breaker laughed.

Charlie looked at her. She didn't have to do that — even she had joked about how bad his apparition was. Yet she lied. She lied for him. She didn't have to, but she did.

Malak sent him a quick wink and pursed her lips into a small smile. He smiled back, and rose the glass as if he was toasting to drink it.

"So" Bill proceeded, "is somebody picking mom and dad and the guys at the airport?"

"Yes, they should arrive at half past eight approximately, but depending on traffic it might take a while for them to come here," Malak explained, "but I sent a flying carpet that should be able to fit all of them, in case they get stuck."

"Dad will never take it" Charlie proclaimed, "he likes muggle transportation too much."

"They might have to, traffic gets pretty bad" Bill explained.

"Fred and George will insist on it" ensured Malak, "they will lure them into it, I am sure. Fred told me that flying carpets were what he was most looking forward to" she laughed at how ridiculous his friend was.

"I wouldn't mind trying one neither..." Charlie confessed, shyly.

"Of course you wouldn't" Bill laughed, and addressing Malak he explained "Charlie was set to be a professional Quidditch player, you see, he loves flying!" Malak laughed.

"Really? What position did you play?" she asked smiling.

"Seeker" Charlie brushed it off.

"He was Gryffindor's last Captain, the last one to win the Cup" Bill told Malak, "he even got offers to play professionally."

"Merlin, don't mention in in front of poor Oliver Wood, he would have a fit!" She laughed, a bit sad at the poor guy "what made you decide against it?"

"Good Godric, Oliver Wood!" Charlie remembered the guardian "he is still captain, I reckon."

"He is indeed. His last year. Last chance for him to win the Cup," Malak explained to the two Weasleys.

"By the way, about the carpets, you can try tickling the ones around the house, I'm sure some of them fly."

"Can I buy one somewhere? It would be a nice souvenir."