22:٢٢ | sárkánybűvölő

"Your ankh is incomplete" Zewail El Serafy spoke gravely and bluntly

The Egyptian wizard paced calmly back and forth, each step making his cape shine and display new hues of golden sparkles. He examined Malak's facial expression exhaustively, but it wasn't the witch's factions that revealed the truth — the nervous glances of Charlie Weasley between her and Albus Dumbledore were the cue that enabled the African sorcerer to reach his conclusion.

"But you already knew that" the Egyptian sage added, glazing quickly at Hogwarts' Headmaster. "And you too, Albus."

The eyes of Malak Aboul Gheit could not muster the courage to look up at the powerful wizard in front of her.

After the events of the first task, she now found herself sat on one of the intricate armchairs of Albus Dumbledore's office, holding the Golden Egg she had retrieved from the dragon firmly on her lap. How she got there however still remained a mystery to her. All she could remember was her fainting into unconsciousness and next, she was sat at the very place, in front of Zewail El Serafy, carefully watched by Albus Dumbledore from a corner of his office, and with Charlie Weasley right by her side.

At least he is here.

The redhead wizard squeezed Malak's hand reassuringly, making her finally look up to him, to be met with the most loving smile the dragon tamer could manage. He then looked away from her to address the Egyptian man. "And what of it?"

"The incomplete ankh is a restrain to her powers" the old man spoke. "Today, ya Malak, a power was unlocked in you — the magic of an ancient line of wizards... but I am afraid that without a complete ankh you will not be able to master it. It will be far too dangerous."

"Fawzia always said that knowledge is better than power" Malak mumbled.

"Wise words," Albus Dumbledore spoke for the first time in a voice so calmed that could rival that of his Egyptian counterpart. "That's why she always insisted on you studying as much as the Library could offer you. Knowledge will never abandon you. You may lack power, but that can be compensated with knowledge."

"Albus, this is beyond knowledge" the Egyptian man interrupted. "We don't know anything certain about this magic. And neither did Fawzia."

"That's impossible! I'm sure she did!" Malak exclaimed, confused. "You said it's a family heirloom... My grandmother... She- she knew everything — to the last branch of our family tree, everything about our dynasty dating back to the times of Hatshepsut, the Library—"

"What we have witnessed today is not Egyptian magic, ya Malak, habibti" Zewail spoke without looking at the witch. Instead, he shared a look with Albus Dumbledore that told Malak and Charlie that they knew more — much more — than they were letting on.

Malak frowned. No matter how she looked at it, just one thing came to mind. And if she were to expose it, perhaps the two wisemen would reveal more about the matter.