15:١٥ | buckbeak

Malak Aboul Gheit

Malak Aboul Gheit... well, Malak Black? Malak Black Aboul Gheit? That's what the Marauders' map says anyways. Not that it's biased or anything...

The name had a strange feeling to it. The Egyptian witch kept repeating it mentally, but she could not seem to get used to its ring.

Would she really change her name? She liked the sound of hers as it was... would he be mad at her if she didn't change it?

So many questions and thoughts plagued her mind as the group transited the passage to the Whomping Willow.

It was a rather quiet parade; all of them were immersed in their own thoughts — only Ron's whimpering broke the otherwise deadly silence.

Malak was at the rear of the group, trailing just behind Harry, Hermione and Sirius. She observed the party, careful not to miss any detail as they made their way to the castle. Any mistake could be fatal. Malak's senses told her that danger was far from over.

Once they were on the grounds, the familiar surroundings helped her relax. Soon, they would be under the magical spectrum of Albus Dumbledore — they only needed to keep the dementors away.

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Sirius started to walk slower, tilting his head as to signal Harry to do the same. Malak soon caught up with the two.

The soon-to-be ex-prisoner was absorbed in a pensive state. Malak could almost see the gears spinning within his head.

"Do you guys know what this means?" Sirius spoke all of a sudden, addressing Malak and Harry and taking them both by surprise.

"You're free," said Harry.

"Yes..." said Black. "But I'm also... well, Malak you now know I'm your dad... and Harry, I don't know if anyone ever told you... I'm your godfather."

"Yeah, I knew that," said Harry.

"Well, I..." the man spoke nervously. "I am obviously new to this but... if you two want.... I mean I'll totally understand if you don't... But... well... think about it. Once my name's cleared... if you want... maybe we three could..."

Malak smiled widely. Her chest was filled with a warmth and an overwhelming amount of happiness that she could not describe. It was like nothing the young witch had ever felt before. For lack of a better word, she was just glowing — rejoicing at the idea of living with her father. To have a family again.

"What — live with you?" Harry beat her to speak. "Leave the Dursleys!?"

"Of course, I thought you wouldn't want to," said Black quickly. "But maybe, Malak... in Egypt of course..."