1:١ | those blue eyes

The summer leading to Malak Aboul Gheit's fifth and O

The summer leading to Malak Aboul Gheit's fifth and O.W.L. year at Hogwarts was particularly hectic. Beit-l-Gheit needed constant attention, and she tried to exploit the potion-making business as much as possible, knowing that she would be extremely busy studying for her exams during the school year. Malak had decided to take all 12 O.W.L.s despite not actually taking the classes —a decision she would probably regret in the near future.

Moreover, as the twins had informed her, the Weasley family had been awarded the Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw, resulting in them visiting Bill in Egypt that summer of 1993.

To say Malak was delighted to have her best friends visit her home country would have been a major understatement. She was determined to make their experience unforgettable. The trip of a life time. Such a loving family deserved it.

Although the Weasley parents had already visited Egypt, Bill had confessed that they had only been to Cairo, since he did not have much time to show them around due to his busy working hours at Gringotts. But this time around was going to be different, as Malak had organized for them all sorts of activities in all possible destinations within Egypt. They would just need to pick what they wanted to do once they landed.

After much convincing, Bill had finally agreed to them staying in Beit-l-Gheit while in Cairo. The oldest Weasley had been reluctant, knowing just how busy Malak was, and the pressure that would add to have the whole Weasley clan over, but he had given in due to the enthusiasm and insistence of the soon-to-be 16 year old witch. It made sense, as she had argued, and it would save them some valuable gold to reinvest in other parts of the trip.

Thus the Weasleys were going to stay with her, and she could not wait for that moment to arrive. For her house to be full again. To be alive.

They were schedule to arrive at Cairo International Airport that very evening. Malak had insisted on setting a portkey or simply side apparate them one by one, but Mr. Weasley was just too excited to be able to use yet another means of muggle transportation. The Egyptian was going to send a muggle driver to pick them up and then dinner would be served in the garden, under the ivy canopy, overlooking the Nile river.

Malak was daydreaming about how the night would go when all of a sudden she heard a loud bang, followed by a sharp shriek of pain.

She ran to the main hall, where the noice came from. Her mind was racing, together with her heart. Maybe it was him. Him. The worst possible day.

How, though? How could Rashid enter the house despite all the extra protection spells, charms and runes she had set up? It did not matter now, she needed to expel him.

She entered the room, ready to fight her uncle. Only to find a complete stranger in the hall. Laying on the floor, splinched and crying in pain. Malak rushed to his side, evaluating the injuries as she dropped to her knees next to the intruder. His right leg was broken, severely and violently twisted, to the point that his jeans were torn and Malak could see the bone that had pierced his flesh, making it bleed profusely. His hands were on his face, covering his eyes as he winced in pain. His jaw, unhinged.