I miss you ?? says perrie . part 6

The Notebook- Chapter 6

“You are, and always have been, my dream.” - The Notebook

-

Zayn’s POV

“What-”

“Hi Zayn, didn’t expect to see you here.” she tells me.

I look away, “Yea, me either.” I say in a cold tone. “Excuse me.”

I try to get past her but she stops me, “Zayn, let’s not be like this. We haven’t really talked much since-”

“Since you cheated on me and left, you’re right and let’s keep it like that Perrie.”

“Zayn please. I miss you, I want to be friends.”

“You are fucking cynical.” I remark. “Have a nice day.” I walk away and try not to think about her too much.

“Who were you talking to?”

It takes me moments to answer, “It was Perrie.”

“Oh…” is all Niall can say.

“Let’s-” I look ahead and see her. I pull Niall, “Niall, it’s her, it’s Sophia.” he sees her and we both freeze. She starts walking to the front doors. “Let’s go.”

“And do what mate?”

“I don’t know Niall, something but I can’t let this opportunity slip away.” I start walking faster but many people are there and it’s getting a bit harder to squeeze through them. As I get closer to her, someone grabs my shirt and abruptly stops me. I sway a little and then quickly regain my balance, “What the hell?”

“Zayn, where do you think you’re going?”

I let out a loud grunt, “I don’t know Paul, I was just gonna continue walking until I found my destination.” I remark sarcastically.

“Back to the car.” is all he says. I look back but don’t see Sophia anywhere. I start walking back to the lads.

Sophia’s POV

“This rain is beautiful.”

“Yea, but this rain also was the reason your flight was canceled.” Ryan retorts.

“True, but I’m not sad. They’ll be more flights.” he takes me back to his apartment. “Ryan. You don’t have to take care of me 24/7, I don’t want to feel like I’m ruining your life.” we walk into his apartment and I take a seat on the couch.

“Soph, you’re not doing that. Look, if it’ll make you feel better, I will be going out with some friends right now.” he informs me.

I smile and hug him, “It does make me feel better. I’m gonna go take a nap. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

I walk to my room and get in bed. I let out a sigh and close my eyes, trying really hard to get some sleep. I hear the door close. “Yea, this is useless.” I get up and grab the book from my bag. I flip through the pages, “Oh my God.” I accidentally drop the book from the shock. I pick it up with my trembling hands and flip to the last used page. I lift it to eye level, “This…” I see a drawing of me and blood rushes to my head. “ For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.” I read softly. “Who are you?” I get up and decide to take a walk downtown. I want to feel the rain pour down on me, it calms me down, it’s peaceful. I prepare my things and walk out the door. I look out from the lobby and see that it’s only sprinkling right now so I head out. I walk to wherever my feet take me; I continue walking and pretty soon I realize that I’ve stumbled upon a place that I’ve seen before. “The lake.” I recognize it from the drawing. I walk down to it and see a rock that looks like a good place to sit on. This place is secluded, it looks like no one really knows about it. I breathe in the fresh air, “Dad, mom, how I miss you guys so much.” I look at the flowers and it reminds me a lot of my mom, her garden and everything about her.

Zayn’s POV

I walk down the familiar path, trying to get away from everyone. I’ve had a horrible day so far, and seeing Perrie made everything worse. I knew it was inevitable that we were going to see each other again but it was unexpected and too soon for me. I put my head down a little when I see some people walking by, not wanting to be stopped. I hear my phone ring, “No, I don’t want to talk to anyone, not right now.” I turn off my phone and put it back in my jacket. I head down to the lake, my refuge. The feeling of the rain hitting me is soothing, and for the first time today I crack a smile. I go to my usual spot but I see someone there, hunched over…crying? I get closer and see that it’s a girl and I don’t know what to do. Think Zayn! I scold myself. I try to not make too much noise as I get closer to her. I step on a twig and her head immediately shoots up. I mentally cringe to and curse myself. I see her get up, “No, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you. I’ll leave.”

“No, that’s not necessary.” I hear her mumble. She slowly turns around and I am at a loss for words. “I was already gonna leave.”

My heart seems to stop for a moment and everything else fades away except for her, “Sophia…?”