Leave US alone perrie !!! part.7

The Notebook- Chapter 7

Sophia’s POV

“I’m sorry, do I know you?” I ask the him. He stays quiet for a couple of minutes and I start getting nervous, “I’ll be on my way.”

“No, please stay.” he bites his lip and points to the rock, “Can I join you?”

“Um, I don’t think that’s a-”

“Please.”

I think about it for a while but then agree. I take off my bag and sit on the rock, I scoot a little thinking he was also gonna sit but he takes a seat on the grass next to me. We stay quiet for a while, enjoying the sound of the rain hitting the lake. “How did you know my name?”

He shifts a little and then turns to look at me, “I…just- you look like a Sophia.”

I laugh at his explanation, “I do? Hmm, how so?” I tease him.

He gives me a lopsided smile, “Well it’s a beautiful name and I thought it was very suitable for you.”

“Thank you.” I turn my head so he can’t see the blush creeping up on my cheeks. I clear my throat, “Well, yes, my name is Sophia.”

“Just Sophia?” he asks.

“No.“ I get up, “Hello, I’m Sophia Del Rio.” I hold out my hand.

He looks surprised but goes with it. He gets up, “Hello Sophia Del Rio, I’m Zayn Malik.” he takes my hand.

We let go but I still feel the tingling sensation in my hand, “Zayn? Wait, you’re part of One Direction right?” I ask him.

He smiles and looks down, “Guilty as charged.”

“Wow…I’m sorry, I’m still not caught up on all the mainstream music but my cousin was telling me about you guys.” I explain.

“Does he live here?”

“Yea, I’m staying with him right now. I was supposed to leave today but my flight was cancelled. To be honest though, I didn’t want to leave so I’m really happy it was.”

“Where are you from?” he asks as he takes his seat on the ground, leaning on the rock.

“I’m from a small town in Rhode Island. I came here to visit my cousin after…”

He looks up at me and takes my hand, “You don’t have to tell me.” I nod and then look at our hands. He starts pulling his away but I grab it before he pulls away completely. He looks at me and then gets up and sits on the rock. “What do you like about London?”

I smile and look at the lake, “There’s a lot I like. The people, the sights, it’s a beautiful place. I love the weather.”

“Weather? Really?” he smirks.

“Yea, I love it when it’s cold.” my phone starts to ring but I ignore it, thankfully Zayn doesn’t question me about it.

“How did you find this place?” he asks.

“Well, it was taking a walk and to be honest, I stumbled upon it and I recognized it from a drawing and I decided to stay.”

“I ask cuz not many people know about this place. I like to refer to it as ‘mine’ because I never see anyone else here.”

“It’s a beautiful place. The drawing that I saw depicts this place as it is, to the last detail.” my phone starts ringing again and I know it’s Ryan. I sigh and answer, “Yea Ryan, I am ok.” I look over at Zayn. “I swear I’m fine, I’ll be there soon. Don’t-” I let out an exasperated sigh, “Ry, I will be there soon. Good bye.” I put my phone away. “Sorry about that.”

“Looks like this Ryan fella is worried.”

“Yea, but I guess if he wasn’t, it wouldn’t be Ryan.” I jokingly say.

“Is he your boyfriend?”

I laugh at his question, “No, he’s my cousin.” I look at the time. “I should get going though.”

“Wait, can I have your number?”

I feel the butterflies in my stomach when he asks that. “Sure.” I give him my number and he gives me his. “God, this scarf is getting really annoying.” I say as I take it off. I pick up my bag, “Well, it was nice meeting you Zayn Malik.” I say as I start walking up the small hill.

“Yea…”

Zayn’s POV

“Well, it was nice meeting you Zayn Malik.”

“Yea…” I mentally smack myself in the face. She smiles and continues walking until I can no longer see her. “Wow Zayn! ‘Yea’ what the hell were you thinking?” I groan and sit on the ground again. “Sophia…Sophia Del Rio.” I say the name over and over, letting it roll off my tongue, getting familiar with it. “Sophia.” I start playing with the grass and I feel something cold and hard. I look down, “What’s this?” I pick up the necklace and place it in the middle of my palm. My eyes widen, “It’s…the heart music note.” I dangle it off my finger, “Beautiful.” I gently wrap the necklace and put it away. I take out my phone and see all the missed calls and messages but ignore them. I pull out the paper with Sophia gave me and add it to contacts. I send her a message:

Meet me here tomorrow at noon xx

I wait for her to respond. I feel the buzz and I look: Ok, see you then :)

I smile like an idiot and message Niall letting him know I’ll be back soon. I get up and start heading home. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Zayn, I want to talk to you. Please stop ignoring my calls and messages.”

“Perrie, leave me alone. When I’m ready to have some sort of friendship with you, I’ll reach out to you.” I reply calmly. I walk past her-

“Who was that girl?” she grudgingly asks.

I turn around, “That is none of your business. And don’t be getting all defensive here, we are nothing anymore.”

“Zayn. Zayn, don’t leave me here talking to myself-” she continues yelling.

I ignore her and continue walking.

i know, not much going on in this one but it’ll get better i swear.

to all those that message me, thank you. if i dont reply it’s not cuz i dont want to, it’s that i sometimes dont see them. Love you all!!! :) xxxx

feedback is appreciated!!!! :)