happiness atlast.............chapter 57

The Notebook- Chapter 57

Sophia’s POV

“Zayn please don’t let anything happen to them. We prayed so much for us to have a child, I don’t want to lose them.”

He grips my hand, “We’re not going to lose them Sophie, just relax love.” he moves some of the hair sticking to my forehead to the side, “It’s all going-” I let out another loud scream.

“Ok, everyone move.” Danielle says as she and El set some blankets and towels on the ground, “Put her down here carefully.” she instructs Niall and Zayn.

“I don’t want anything to happen to them Zayn.” I tell him again, this time tears welling in my eyes. “Please…”

Zayn’s POV

I get up and grab the pillows El ordered for. She takes them and places them under Sophie. “How are you feeling babe?” she asks her. Sophia looks at me and I can see the fear in her eyes when she says she’s ok. I get up and walk to the kitchen and lean on the tiled counter as I close my eyes and fist my hands. “Zayn, you can’t run away like that, Soph needs you.”

“I know that Louis! I just-” I turn around, “I can’t bear the thought of losing another-”

“You’re not!” Niall tells me in a low but firm tone. “But you need to go out there, she can’t do this without you.”

I shake my head, “For three years we tried and tried and now that she’s pregnant, this happens.”

“Zayn.” Liam grabs the back of my neck, “That’s not going to happen, we’re not going to let it happen.”

“But we can’t leave, she’s in labor, power is down, no doctor is here and none of us are prepared.”

“We will figure it out, Ellie knows some of these things and so do I, we got the equipment needed, well the essentials, nothing is going to go wrong.” Louis says determination evident in his eyes, in all of their eyes.

I nod my head, “I pray that it does.” we walk back to Sophia and the girls there, “Baby how are you?”

She is covered in a thin layer of sweat and has a white blanket covering her legs. “I’m fine.” I sit next to her and she immediately clutches my hand, “I need you here with me Zayn, please don’t leave me.” she pleads and it literally breaks my heart to hear her like that, so lost and hopeless, childlike even.

I kiss her hand, “I’ll never leave you.” Another contraction hits her, “How much longer until she can start?”

“She’s not dilated enough right now.” Eleanor tells me.

I look at Sophia, “El, please do something for it to go faster-”

“I can’t Zayn, we need to let it take it’s time, I can’t rush this. I’m sorry, she can’t start if she’s not dilated enough.”

“So…”

“So the contractions will keep hitting her until she’s ready.” she explains.

I kiss Sophia’s forehead, “You’re doing great love.” she nods her head and purses her lips when another contraction washes over her. I hate seeing her like this, I hate being useless.

“Zayn, just by you being be my side, it’s all I need to find the strength.” she tells me, as if reading my mind. I bend down and give her a quick kiss.

“Here, take this and wipe her forehead every once in a while.” Danielle hands me the cloth and I do as she says.

“How is she?” Josh asks when he comes into the room. I look at him, “Good.”

“Ow…oh God, I think it’s time.” she screams. I look at El who is checking, she looks at me and nods her head. I turn to Sophia, “Baby, remember, hold it ten seconds.” she looks at me and nods fast.

“Ready?” Danielle asks.

Sophia’s POV

I nod my head again, “I’m ready.” I grip Zayn’s and Danielle’s hand.

“Push.” I push while Zayn counts ten seconds. Danielle sits behind me and takes the cloth from Zayn and dabs off some sweat from my face.

“Push Soph.” El tells me.

I sit up and push as much as I can, “You’re doing great baby.”

“Push.” I push for the third time, pain rippling all over my body. I knew giving birth was no walk in the park but I didn’t expect it to hurt so much, luckily I had Zayn there, coaching me, whispering words of encouragement.

“Push Sophie, this could be it here, I see the head.”

I am so tired at this point but I muster all the strength that I have left and with a loud scream, I push as hard as I can. “Baby, I see the head, I see it.” Zayn tells me and his words give me the needed strength as I push harder. I feel the pain and pressure release as I hear the cries of my baby. I look over at Zayn, tears falling down his face and I smile. I let go of Zayn’s hand as he cuts the cord, and then I see Eleanor hand him to Liam.

“Another push sweetie, one more.” she tells me. Zayn takes my hand as I push again, with the exact same force. “I see him Soph, a little more.” I push and then I hear it again, his cries; I fall back and breath heavily, tears falling down my face. Zayn cuts the cord and then comes over to me and kisses me, “You did it baby, you did it.” he feathers kisses all over my face and I smile. I look up and see Liam and Harry holding them.

“So what did you guys choose as their names?” Niall asks.

I look over at Zayn, “The one that you’re holding Liam is Ryan John. And that one that you’re holding Harry is Max Joseph.” Zayn gets up and takes Max from Harry and Liam comes over and sits next to me, carefully handing me Ryan. “Thank you.” I say and take Ryan. I cry when I see him, “He’s so beautiful.” I say and they all nod in agreement. Zayn kneels next to me, “They are.” I look at Max, his little hands moving a bit.

“Ok, Sophie, you need to rest.” Danielle tells me.

I stifle a yawn. “But I want to hold them.”

“Fast.” El instructs.

Zayn hands me Max and now they are both resting on my chest. “Take a picture babe.”

Before Zayn can get up, Josh comes over, “Wrap your arm around her mate,” he tells him and he does. The lights flash and five pictures later, they take them from me.

“You need to rest Soph.” El says in a firm tone. I smile and don’t argue back because in all honesty, I am completely tired. “I love you.” I tell Zayn and doze off before he can say anything.

Zayn’s POV

I cover Sophia, kiss her one last time before getting up and walking to the other room where everyone is gathered around Louis and Danielle who are the ones holding my boys. I walk over and stand next to Lou, “Beautiful aren’t they.”

Lou and Danni look up, “Yes they are Zayn.”

I lean down and take Ryan from Danielle, “I love you.” I tell him and then place a small kiss on his forehead. He starts moving around. “I think this little fella is hungry.” Eleanor points out, “I’ll go make him a bottle.”

I thank her and then look at the lads, “I’m a father now mates.” I say proud as I look over at Max. “My sons.”

there my beautiful people!!!!! one more chapter after this (epilogue!!!)

sorry for any and all mistakes.

Filed under Harry Styles Josh Devine Liam Payne Louis Tomlinson Louis Tomlinson fic Niall Horan Niall Horan imagine Zayn Malik Zayn Malik ficZayn Malik imagine harry styles imagine one direction one direction fanficone direction imagine The Notebook