how could she !! chapter 31

The Notebook- Chapter 31

Sophia’s POV

“Will you please stop, please Max.” I turn my back to him.

“Sophia, I just want you to know that Ryan and Jay-”

“Jay shouldn’t be worried for me, he isn’t my boyfriend!” I shout as I turn to look at him. “As for Ryan, I’m getting sick of people thinking that I can’t handle myself, thinking I’m some kind of porcelain doll that-”

“Sophia, we want to protect you!” he yells back.

“I don’t need it! I’ve been taking care of myself since I was a young girl and then after the death of my parents I’ve been very independent, I don’t need all this babysitting!” I fume.

“Why can’t you just accept it?!”

“Because I didn’t ask for it!” I take deep breaths, “I don’t want to look like I’m unappreciative, I just don’t get why you guys can’t respect my decisions.” I say, this time in a normal voice.

“Maybe because you think too much with your heart and look where that’s led you.”

I look at him, eyes in slits, “What the fuck is that supposed to mean Max?”

“You’ve made decisions with your heart and look at you, you’re suffering. Zayn’s not worth it but you insist on putting yourself in this pain; it’s like you’re a masochist.”

“Fuck you Max,” I spit out. “Looks like you’ve never loved someone. I pity you.” I shake my head and look out the window.

“Sophia, I’m sorry-”

“Save it Max, I can see now how you really think about me.” I try not to cry. We get outside the complex and I get out and go straight to my room. I see Ryan and Jay there but I ignore there calls and slam and lock my door. “I need to do something.” I start pacing the room and end up falling asleep.

“SOPHIA! Soph.”

I hear Ryan basically knocking down my door, “Ryan, what’s wrong?” I get up open the door, “Ryan-”

“Sophia,” he stays quiet and I just look at him, “I- I don’t know how to say this.”

“What’s wrong Ry? Are you in trouble are-”

“It’s not me.” he looks at me, sadness pooling in his eyes. “I-”

“Ryan, tell me. What’s going on?” panic starts taking over my senses.

“John, he…they called me-”

“What’s wrong!?” I shout.

He looks at me, face stoic, “He’s dead.”

I stare at him in shock, “N-No…no that can’t- he…” I shake my head in denial, “Ryan…”

“I’m really sorry Soph, I-”

“NO! No, he can’t be dead!” Ryan holds me and I start thrashing around, “No, this can’t be happening, no! Let go of me!” I cry and he continues to hold me. “Why him Ryan, he was…he’s been there for me…s-since, oh God no.” I hiccup out.

“I’m really sorry Sophie, I just got the call, he passed away a few hours ago.”

I cry on his chest, “Ryan…no, why…?”

“Are you going to go to his funeral?”

“Yes,” I say in a definite manner. I look up at him, “Let’s go.”

“You go, I have to do some things tomorrow and I’ll meet you there.” he tells me.

I close my eyes, “Ok, let me get some of my things and then I’ll be on my way.” I let go of him and start packing my things.

Ryan’s POV

“Bye Soph, call me when you land please.”

“Yes Ry, please be there as soon as you can, I don’t want to be alone.” she sounds like the Sophia from ten years ago and it breaks my heart, “I won’t Soph, I’ll be there the minute I’m done here.” I kiss her forehead and see as she boards the jet. I walk back to the car and head to my flat. I start packing my things when I hear a knock on the door. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“I need to see Sophia.”

“Zayn, she’s not here but even if she was I wouldn’t-”

“Our relationship is between her and me, you shouldn’t get in between us.”

“She doesn’t want to be with you.” I tell him.

“I want to talk to her,” he demands.

“I told you, she’s not here you prick!” I shout.

His face turns hard, “I came here to talk to her and I will talk to her.” he threatens.

“She’s gone back to America so how bout you sod off.” I reply coyly.

His brow furrow, “Why is she in America?”

“She wants to get away from you, she doesn’t want to suffer anymore, she’s tired of you playing with her and toying with her feelings, she’s done with you Malik, for good.” I tell him.

He shakes his head, “Sophia…”

“Give it up Zayn, you two weren’t meant to be. Goodbye.” I slam the door and leave him out there stunned. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, “I’m sorry Sophia, I do this for you.”

ok, so there it is :) hope you all enjoyed it xx

sorry for all mistakes.

Filed under Harry Styles Liam Payne Louis Tomlinson Niall Horan Zayn Malik Zayn Malik fic one direction one direction fanfic The Notebook