27

"why did you break up with him?" Jeonghan asked himself while staring at the pale ceiling above him. It was already 10 in the morning and he had no energy to go to school or even get up from bed.

Jisoo already left the apartment so it was just him and his thoughts.

"i should've just rested." he sighed and buried his face on the pillows.

"i'm sorry i gave up Cheol." he said between his cries. He shifted his body and stared at the ceiling above him.

It's already been three weeks since he broke up with Seungcheol. It was sudden, and yes he was quite shocked of what happened even though he was the one who ended their relationship.

Ever since the situation about his mom happened, Jeonghan couldn't focus about anything. He neglected his school, his friends and his boyfriend because his mom came back to his life just to ruin it again.

You might think that this is just a light problem that you could flick but no, our dear Jeonghan suffered.

He pushed the people that he loved just because he couldn't express what he truly feel, and now he broke up with Seungcheol when he didn't really want to.

He wanted to say 'hey, i never meant to end things with you, just think of it as bad joke in a dark stormy day.' but he couldn't bring it up. He was too much of a coward to take back everything that he said and at the same time he was also a coward that Seungcheol will never come back to him.

He was anxious on what was Seungcheol going to think. Maybe he was thinking that Jeonghan broke up with him because he felt sorry for him and that offended Jeonghan. Or maybe because Jeonghan found out that he was out with a girl even though they weren't doing anything wrong.

Because Jeonghan knew that Seungcheol would never cheat on him.

So what was his reason why he broke up with Seungcheol?

"you're right." Jeonghan lifted his arm and imagined Seungcheol on top of him caressing every inch of his body.

He missed Seungcheol's warmth against his skin, he missed his lips, his voice. He missed Seungcheol.

"I really am pathetic." he sighed as a tear ran down from his drowsy eyeballs.

Fear could really steal so many precious moments that are about to happen in your life, and that's exactly what happened to Jeonghan. All of his happy and precious moments with Seungcheol will only live on in their memories because both of them were too afraid to risk. To try again.

So what was his reason?

Fear

Somewhere back in Seungcheol's apartment, another cigarette was lit and another bottle of soju already empty.

A typical broken man's coping mechanism.

Jeonghan sighed once more and scrolled through his phone and dialed the number of a rather familiar person. Moments later, the other lined answered.

"hey, Taehyung? where are you?"

~

"what is it now Mina? our presentation is already done so why do you keep on pestering me?" Seungcheol annoyingly said while being dragged at a local arcade by the hyper girl.

"you'll rot in there if you don't go outside." she then handed Seungcheol a gun in the shooting game. The excited girl then inserted two coins and the game shortly begun.

Mina started shooting at the ugly monsters on the screen, she never missed a head and that made Seungcheol chuckle.

"you're trying too hard." Seungcheol laughed as he started shooting. Both of their scores are tied up and that made Seungcheol smirk.

He was pretty damn competitive when it comes to games and he wants to win against this girl who dragged him out of his room.

He was confused as to why the girl knew his address, turns out she was Seokmin's friend who apparently told the girl his home address.

"yes i won!" Mina waved her hands in the air and danced to the game's outro song. Seungcheol only looked at her and laughed

Seungcheol thought that the girl was being stupid but he didn't mind though because she made him laugh. That was his first good laugh after three weeks being hurt and a sad single man.

"you're laughing again, thank goodness. I thought you're going to die or something." Mina sighed as she placed the gun down and briefly looked at Seungcheol and back to the monitor that says that she won.

"one more round." Seungcheol offered and handed the gun back to Mina in which she gladly took. Seungcheol inserted some coins and the game began right away.

They spent 30 minutes playing the game and in the end, Seungcheol only won once.
Mina on the other hand was happy because Seungcheol really tried to beat her even though he had no chance to begin with.

After the intense match, they decided to eat at the restaurant where Jeonghan and Seungcheol used to go. Mina felt relieved when Seungcheol said that he'd pay, because the poor girl only had two bucks left in her pocket.

With every bite he takes, he remembers Jeonghan, and with that he only heaved a deep sigh.

"stop with the 'haah' thing, your breath stinks." Mina attempted to follow Seungcheol's sigh only to get a beautiful smack in the head in return.

"ow! what was that for?" she wined while rubbing her forehead where Seungcheol smacked her with a spoon.

"that's for dragging me out of my room." Seungcheol replied and placed a kimchi in his rather big mouth.

"was that your room? i thought that was the tomb of the dead people that you killed." she fired back, not sparing a glance at Seungcheol and focused her gaze at the
sizzling pork skin.

"you'd find your body lying in there you know." Seungcheol said as he glanced at the girl who was chewing the neatly cooked pig skin.

"that was kinky." she jokingly said that made Seungcheol bury his face in his palms.

"wow, you and your dirty mind." he couldn't believe Mina's dirty remark but the girl only laughed and that made him laugh as well.

The two spent a good hour just eating and laughing about anything and everything. Seungcheol thought that finally he had a productive day even though he only played at the arcade and ate at the cheap restaurant with Mina.

With the two laughing together, none of them noticed that Jeonghan was right outside of the food place, staring at them.

not in a creepy way but in a very hurtful way.

His heart shattered into a million pieces, because he was not the reason why Seungcheol smiled and he was not the reason why Seungcheol had those beautiful sparks in his eyes.