30

exam seasons are right in the corner and that made Seungcheol bang his head on the library table for the fifth time already in this lazy wednesday afternoon.

"can you please not do that? no wonder you're such a dumbass." Mina hissed.

the two were studying for their finals, well Mina is. Seungcheol on the other hand only rested his head on the table and stared at the window outside.

"hey hyung can i sit here- oh hi Mina!" Seokmin suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"yeah sure go ahead." Mina replied instead because Seungcheol's head was too preoccupied, all he could think of is that how the hell is he supposed to ask out Jeonghan again

"what's wrong with him?" Seokmin asked as he pointed to Seungcheol.

"don't mind him, he's retarded." Mina replied and flipped through her calculus book. Seokmin only hummed in response and scanned his english notes, highlighting every important details.

"oh hey, i heard you saved Seungcheol hyung from my friends." Seokmin initiated a conversation since the table was too quiet.

well they're in a library so obviously it'd be quiet but the younger male decided to talk.

"at the cafe?" Mina asked as she looked at Seokmin who only nodded his head.

She remembered that day so clearly, wherein she was forced to wear a pink dress by her roommate named Rosé when  it was far from her everyday style. She remembered how she clung onto Seungcheol's arms that earned her a good 'what the fuck are you doing' look from Jihoon. and she remembered how Seungcheol ditched her.

"well, your hyung needed my help and besides we were going to have a meeting later that night so uh yeah.." she explained and flashed a smile.

She wanted to forget that disgusting pink dress she wore at that day but sadly, it had already become a core memory.

"hey, hey!" Mina flicked Seungcheol's forehead that made the latter look at her with annoyance in his face.

"aren't you going to study? i didn't drag you out of that disgusting room just for you to slack your ass off here in the library." she hissed and slapped the older with a physics book in the face.

"i don't really like studying, I'm already smart." Seungcheol rolled his eyes.

"but hyung your I.Q is low..." Seokmin said that made Mina laughed her guts out.

In the end, the three of them were kicked out of the library. Mina and Seokmin already went their way for their english class leaving Seungcheol all alone.

Luckily he had no afternoon classes during wednesday and all of his friends are busy studying. As he walked his way out of the university, he found himself in the park where the old tree is still standing. Where he and Jeonghan shared their first moment.

He sat down carefully at the park bench and stretched out his legs to let it breathe. As he stared at the tree right above him, he remembered how Jeonghan walked up to him. He remembered so many things, and every bit of it only reminds him of Jeonghan.

Seungcheol closed his eyes to feel every bit of memory that he had with Jeonghan and then

he felt a warm hand touching his palm, he looked up to see Jeonghan standing in front of him with a warm smile on his face.

the brown haired male cupped his cheeks and leaned his face closer to Seungcheol. Seungcheol's heartbeat was rapidly increasing and then he felt a warm liquid pouring at his feet.

and then he saw a dog peeing on his shoes
so he quickly stood up and shooed the dog only for him to earn an angry bark at the little devil.

"fucking hell." he cursed as he walked away from the barking dog. He looked back to the dog who was still barking but he only glared at it and stuck out his tongue.

He realised that he was just daydreaming, but it felt too real that Jeonghan's touch lingered on his skin. As if Jeonghan's scent had already been rubbed against Seungcheol's body.

With him reeking with dog pee, he decided to go home and call it a day. Funny how he never saw Jeonghan in the past three weeks, maybe because he was avoiding Seungcheol. or maybe because he really hated Seungcheol to the point that he planned all his routes so that he cannot cross paths with him.

He felt hopeless

surprisingly he received a text message from his nemesis, which is Hwan Mina.

Hwan Mina🤮
hey dummy

Hwan Mina🤮
don't you dare give up on him

Hwan Mina🤮
or else I'll smack your ass

Hwan Mina🤮
anyway, don't stop now

Hwan Mina🤮
I'm sure he'll come back to you. just wait for him, okay?

He smiled as he scrolled through his phone, Mina's words would always give Seungcheol confidence and he was thankful for that.

he made a mental note that someday, he'll definitely repay her. Because he'll never forget how she saved him from almost giving up.

"fine, I'll wait." Seungcheol whispered to himself when he got inside the bus. He sat down at the nearest chair from the door and plugged in his earphones.

Standing Egg's reminiscence really dug a deep hole in Seungcheol's heart. Like how Jeonghan played a big role in Seungcheol's life, even though he was no longer his lover.

It was such a beautiful song with a deep meaning. and everytime he listens to this song, it reminded him of how he and Jeonghan used to be so happy.

He remembered how Jeonghan would laugh like a mad man everytime he does something stupid. He remembered how he kissed every inch of Jeonghan's body. He remembered how Jeonghan's lips muttered the words that would always sent shivers down Seungcheol's spine.

He remembered how Jeonghan hummed to this song, and he remembered how he sung the song so perfectly. It was the perfect song to describe how he felt for Jeonghan.

He was in love, he's still in love.

So what went wrong? Why did things have gone like this?

Was he too selfish? too self-centered? too proud?

he had always wondered if he expressed his emotions correctly, he wondered if he had always been this shitty when it comes to feelings. He learned one thing from his past relationships, and that is pain.

you'd always end up back into your vulnerable self if someone you love had left you wounded and confused.

while listening to this beautiful song, Seungcheol became weaker and he felt himself so close to crying. How can someone be so important and precious that it already has come to the point wherein everything you see, and everything you do will always remind you of that person.

As he got out of the bus, the tears streamed down from his tired eyes. He was still far from okay and he knew Jeonghan was the only one who could heal his broken heart.

-x-

a/n: it'd be good if you play the attached song in the part wherein Seungcheol also played it as he remembers Jeonghan.

also, i recommend u to stan standing egg since they make really great songs ♥️