28

"want me to walk you home?" Seungcheol offered since it was already 7 pm when they finished hanging out. They went window shopping, ate street food and teased some kids in the park on their way to the bus stop.

"no thanks, you might run away again." Mina scoffed that made Seungcheol chuckle.

He remembered that day when he ditched Mina to go see Jeonghan only for him to get dumped. After that he went home, and he cried silently. He was afraid that Jihoon would notice his cries, good thing the smaller man always had headphones on with blasted volumes.

He was yearning for Jeonghan's touch but unfortunately, the man was no longer his.

"not this time, besides it's already night." Seungcheol insisted only for him to earn a smile from the girl.

"if you'd go that far, i might misunderstood it for something else." Mina replied as she held a tight grip on her purse.

"and i know that's the last thing that you wanted to happen." she smiled. Both of them arrived at the bus stop and sat at the empty chairs.

"yeah, okay." Seungcheol replied.

The bus already showed up and the next thing he knew, Mina was already on board.

"go home safely!" she mouthed and waved goodbye to Seungcheol when the bus driver revved the engine. Seungcheol only let out a sigh as he walked back to his apartment.

Luckily it was not that far from where he and Mina hanged out so he decided to walk. Seungcheol placed his cold palms in his pocket and felt the cold breeze brushing into his cheeks.

He remembered back when he was still at Jeonghan's apartment when the clock struck 7, and he remembered how Jihoon would scold him because he'd always come home late.

Jeonghan's place was miles away from his home, but he didn't mind. It was like he'd conquer the world just to be in Jeonghan's arms. He was willing to risk everything just to be with Jeonghan but now things have changed.

for Seungcheol, as if the world had stop revolving around the sun. As if the earth had lost gravity and he could never do anything about it.

'here, i made this for you.'

he could still hear Jeonghan's voice inside his head as he stared down at the bracelet that Jeonghan made for him. It was actually a couples bracelet and he bet that Jeonghan already got rid of it.

but Seungcheol kept the small precious gift because for him, it's the only connection he had left with Jeonghan.

Seungcheol could still remember how all of the people that he dated dumped him just because he didn't show enough affection. He could still remember all of the people who had talked behind his back just because they didn't know his side of the story.

There were nasty rumours about him being a delinquent and harassing innocent people. The nastiest that he heard was that he was dating a teacher and they got caught making love inside the science laboratory. Which is obviously a damn lie.

He would never date a teacher, let alone making love in a public place because that's just utterly disgusting.

behind all those rumours, he was just a kid trying to find his purpose in life.

and then Jeonghan came.

At first he thought the delicate guy was already hopeless, but there was something more of him and Seungcheol wanted to know what that is.

When he first looked into Jeonghan's eyes, it was clouded with depression and the will of wanting to die.

but behind all of that, all Jeonghan wanted was to live a happy life. He never really wanted to die, he just wants all of his sufferings to end and that's exactly what Seungcheol saw in those brown captivating orbs.

the will of wanting to continue life.

Seungcheol briefly looked at the cheap watch he wore, it was already 7:15 and Jihoon is probably home by now. He picked up his pace and gladly reached their home by 7:20.

7 pm is not even that late, Seungcheol thought. Well Jihoon is a bit protective since he knew that Seungcheol is quite reckless.

"i know, i know I'm late again. But i had to walk Mina to the bus stop since she made me l-" Seungcheol got cut off when he saw Jihoon who was so close to crying. He then threw his fake gucci slipper at Seungcheol that smacked the older right in the face and wiped his tears away.

"i thought you were fucking dead! your room was locked and no one saw you the entire day!" the smaller male shouted. he felt his knees had grown weak so he sat down at the nearby couch.

"oh, Mina suddenly came and she wanted to hang out so..." Seungcheol softly spoke and scratched the back of his head.

"i thought you already committed suicide you dickhead! you could've atleast called me." Jihoon shouted once more and buried his face on his warm palms.

Well, he couldn't blame the younger man since Seungcheol had shown signs that he wanted to end his life. Seungcheol has been absent in school and he kept on drowning himself with alcohol and cigarettes. Being the worried friend Jihoon is, he had all the right to smack Seungcheol in the face.

"why are you crying? I'm not missing any limbs." Seungcheol jokingly said but only earned a glare from Jihoon.

"fuck you, don't ever do that again. you know, the whole broken man's coping mechanism thing."Jihoon sniffed. Seungcheol then nodded and hugged the younger to calm him down.

"if i ever see another cigarette butt in your room or an empty bottle of soju, i won't hesitate to call your mom and drag you back in the u.s" Jihoon hissed that made Seungcheol laugh.

"i won't i promise." Seungcheol smiled.

"let's eat out! i bet you're too lazy to cook dinner." Seungcheol stood up and grabbed his car keys that was placed above the fridge.

Both of them ate at this fancy restaurant since they're having a 10% discount to all the couples. and being the douche Seungcheol is, he forced Jihoon to pretend that they're a couple so that they can avail the discount.

"I'll fucking kill you after this." Jihoon hissed as he stabbed the steak with a fork.

"i thought you don't want me to die?"

"i changed my mind." Seungcheol laughed at Jihoon's remark.

As the two friends happily ate their dinner. somewhere in the back of Seungcheol's mind, he wished that he was with Jeonghan.