33

Yoon Jeonghan
can we talk?

Yoon Jeonghan
i'm at the park

Yoon Jeonghan
at our place

Seungcheol bit his lip nervously when he saw Jeonghan's text. He immediately went outside of the library but stopped on his tracks when he got outside.

He was confused on what to say or what to do, so he only stood there and stared at the school's gate. Deep down inside him, he was itching to see Jeonghan but he remembered what his friends said.

He needs to have some dignity.

After all, he was the one who got dumped.

"okay, angry but not too angry." He muttered to himself as he walked towards the exit of the school.

"okay you can do this Seungcheol, you're not that easy to get." Seungcheol lied as he walked along the road that leads to the park.

He knew he was easy to get but this is the only way to have courage to face Jeonghan again.

"I'm panicking, ah what should i do." Seungcheol fidgeted as he crossed the road.

when he arrived at the said park, he instantly saw Jeonghan who was patiently waiting for him at the park bench under the big old tree. it was their place, where they  could just be alone together.

Seungcheol walked towards Jeonghan who was looking down at his feet and kept on kicking the invisible rocks on the ground. Seungcheol took a deep breath and sat beside Jeonghan who instantly noticed his presence.

"what is it?" Seungcheol coldly said, not sparing a glance at Jeonghan who was so close to crying when he saw the latter again.

Jeonghan felt his heart cracked when Seungcheol sounded so uninterested and distant. Even though Jeonghan felt that their conversation is going to end unpleasantly, he still decided to talk.

"i finally faced my fear, I finally saw my mom again." Jeonghan stated as he looked up in the sky to prevent his tears from falling down.

"I thought it's not going to end well, but she accepted me again and i accepted her as well." he continued. Seungcheol on the other hand was just quiet and that was Jeonghan's cue to continue whatever he has to say.

"the fear that kept on lingering inside me made me push the people who truly cared for me." Jeonghan sighed as he held a tight grip on the bracelet he made. It had his and Seungcheol's initials carved on the pendant of the bracelet. The bracelet was the only thing that kept them connected to each other.

Seungcheol noticed that Jeonghan was still wearing the bracelet when all this time he thought that Jeonghan already threw it away.

"i pushed Jisoo and his mom away."

"i pushed you away." Jeonghan's voice trembled that made Seungcheol look at him.

"you were always there for me Seungcheol, you made me feel like I could still call this world a better place."he sighed

"you made me feel so many things that had me thinking that it won't ever happen to someone like me." Jeonghan smiled as he remembered those times where he and Seungcheol was just happy.

to Jeonghan, Seungcheol was more than enough. But unfortunately, he already lost him.

"i just hate myself for thinking that i was always alone when all this time, you were there."

"and here we are. because of my stupidity, i lost someone so important to me." Jeonghan couldn't hold his tears anymore, it had already streamed down from his eyes that tainted his cold cheeks with the liquid from his brown orbs.