21

Jeonghan sat in the couch, he was nervous and anxious on what was going to happen. Jisoo called Jeonghan immediately to deliver the news on who's coming back. Jeonghan never expected who it was, he never thought that person would come back to his life.

Seungcheol and Jisoo offered to pick up Jeonghan's mom in her house, the only ones left in the apartment is Jeonghan and Jisoo's mom.

"Hey Jeonghan," Jisoo's mom called out and sat beside him. Jeonghan turned his head to her and flashed a smile, even though he felt uneasy and anxious he didn't want to worry the woman who raised him like her own son.

"Are you excited?" she asked and handed Jeonghan a glass of water. Being nervous as it is, Jeonghan chugged the whole glass down.

"Yeah, Kinda... I don't know, I'm scared Auntie," Jeonghan stuttered and held a tight grip on the empty glass.

"Take a deep breath. I'll be here, okay?" Jisoo's mom assured Jeonghan with a warm smile. She pulled Jeonghan in a warm embrace to ease his tensed body.

"Jisoo and your boyfriend Seungcheol is here too, we're all here for you Jeonghan," she added.

"Thank you, Auntie. Thank you for everything that you've done to me, I'll forever be grateful to you and to Jisoo." Jeonghan was already tearing up, as if words couldn't express how grateful he is to Jisoo's family who loved and accepted him. When the world turned its back on him, Jisoo and his mom was there to light up Jeonghan's dark and dull life.

"I promise I'll make it up to you" he added as he broke from the warm hug.

"Oh no honey, you don't need to do that! I just wanted you to be happy, that's all that matters. Be happy, okay Jeonghan?" she smiled and cupped Jeonghan's cheek.

"I am so proud of you, Jeonghan." A tear already ran down from her eyes "You're a fine man now, you and Jisoo grew up so well. I'm so proud of you guys." She happily stated and wiped the almost dried up tear. Jeonghan found himself crying in happiness, he was really thankful to have Jisoo and his family by his side.

Back then, Jeonghan would constantly ask himself if why he was born into this world. He would ask why was he forsaken of a loving family, he would also ask why his mom left him. Question after question but none was answered, not until Jisoo offered to help and accepted Jeonghan in his humble family. Jeonghan felt he was saved from the pits of hell, as if a guardian angel held out his hand to help him.

"I don't know where I would be if you guys didn't help me. Thank you so much, I love you Auntie." He thanked the older woman and wiped his tears.

"I love you too, son."

Ever since Jeonghan became a part of Jisoo's family, Jisoo's mom was so happy because Jisoo was an only child and he didn't have any company or a common friend growing up with him. Jisoo's mom was so thankful that finally, a new son came into their life.

The doorbell rang 3 times, an indication that Seungcheol and Jisoo must be home already. Jeonghan quickly went to the door to greet his mom but instead, he only saw Jisoo and Seungcheol standing beside each other.

The smile that was planted on Jeonghan's face ceased to exist. Seungcheol then handed Jeonghan a piece of white envelope that looked like it has a load of money inside of it.

Jeonghan's anger and frustration rised up that gave him mixed emotions. He wanted to scream and shout, he wanted to cry and throw a fit.

He tossed the envelope that Seungcheol handed and revealed the money that was neatly sealed.

"We tried to convince her Hannie, but instead she only handed us that." Jisoo spoke in a low voice.

"I'm sorry Han," those were the only words that came out in Seungcheol's mouth. He pulled Jeonghan in his embrace and hugged his delicate frame. Jeonghan exploded, as he breaks down in front of Seungcheol and Jisoo. He couldn't hide his broken state, he couldn't hide the emotions he felt.

Jisoo's mom immediately ran to help Jeonghan calm down, she felt frustrated because once again she saw Jeonghan had high hopes. Jeonghan really wanted to see his mother who abandoned him but just like before, he was still that same kid who begged love and attention from the woman who doesn't give a shit about him.

Jeonghan felt his heart break into tiny pieces, like a broken glass that cannot be fixed. He was frustrated, angry, devastated, furious, he could never explain what he felt. When he finally picked up his broken pieces and fixed himself, someone would come back into his life and shatter his work. Jeonghan was trying hard to fix himself for the people he loved, he did his best for himself. Again, he felt unloved, unworthy, and a useless being who lived a pointless life. Jeonghan sobbed and sobbed and held a tight grip on Seungcheol's waist. Even though there were people who truly loved and cared for him, he still felt empty inside. It was consuming him whole and unable to escape the harsh reality slapping him with the painful truth, that he could never get anything that he truly wanted.

Life can be full of surprises, may it be a good one or a bad one and Jeonghan's mind made it clear that his whole existence was bad. He was full of questions, why couldn't he have a normal life? Why couldn't he have a loving family? Why won't his mom care for him? and so on. Again, he felt his world going upside down and all he felt was numb, no pain and happiness just numb.

Seungcheol was still hugging Jeonghan, it was his way to ease the pain that Jeonghan felt. He felt angry when he knew he couldn't do anything to help Jeonghan overcome this unbearable pain. He just sat there, rubbing comforting circles in Jeonghan's back, kissing his forehead and hugging him real tight.

"Did I do something wrong? I did my best Cheol, why won't things work out for me?" Jeonghan cried, his heart was aching. Seungcheol hugged Jeonghan even tighter because deep down he knew, he could never ease Jeonghan's pain.

He wanted to say something, he wanted to say that everything is going to be alright but Seungcheol could never come up the right words. He was too afraid that Jeonghan might get hurt even more.

Jisoo and his mom was standing there, staring at Jeonghan's broken state. Jisoo's mom couldn't bare to see how broken Jeonghan is when all she prayed for was the happiness of his two sons. She hugged Jisoo and cried on his  shoulder. All of them wanted to comfort Jeonghan but it's for the best to let him cry his heart out and scream out all of his frustrations.

Jeonghan realized that he was back in his old state. Back to the time where he couldn't even pick himself up to let the sun shine in his room. Back where he couldn't lift up a spoon and eat at least one bite. To his old self where he felt he was all alone.

Jeonghan asked himself once again, will he be able to live a life without anyone breaking a part of him? Will he be able to live a life full of smiles?

Can he fix himself, again?