17

The room temperature was undeniably cold, piercing through Jeonghan's thin clothes. He wanted to turn down the air conditioner but was too shy to ask the assigned nurse so he just stood there shaking.

Seungcheol noticed that his boyfriend was shivering and being the gentleman he is, he willingly took off his favourite hoodie and handed it to Jeonghan.

"You're cold, Hannie. Just wear this." the muscular male added, revealing his toned body under the black shirt he was on. Jeonghan gulped, contemplating whether to accept the hoodie or not.

"You're cold too" jeonghan replied but he only received a warm smile from seungcheol. The older male pulled Jeonghan closer and put on the hoodie on himand slightly patted his head.

"I'm fine." seungcheol answered and pecked the tip of jeonghan's nose. The brown haired male then tiptoed and pecked seungcheol's plumpy lips and wrapped his arms on his boyfriend's waist.

"i love you." seungcheol stated that made jeonghan smile. He hugged Seungcheol' muscular frame, resting his head on seungcheol's chest.

"i love you too."

They stood there just hugging each other, not minding what's going on around them.

"hyung?" a voice spoke which made Seungcheol turn his head on the boy lying on the hospital bed. He pulled out from Jeonghan's embrace and sat down on the chair beside the bed.

"Soonyoung-ah, are you okay? what happened?" the raven haired man asked, he held Soonyoung's cold arms hoping it'd be warm.

"i didn't know it would be worse." Soonyoung spoke in a weak tone, "just tell Jihoon not to worry, okay? I promise i'll make it up to him." he finished with a deep sigh.

"You already hurt my friend Soonyoung and i cant do anything to ease the situation." seungcheol answered, tightening his grip on Soonyoung's hand.

"help me out, just this once. I can't let Jihoon know about my condition." Soonyoung replied, releasing his hand from Seungcheol's grip.

Jeonghan was just sitting on the couch listening to them. He knew he was not in  the right position to listen their conversation but to his surprise, no one wanted him to go out.

"so you want me to keep this as a secret? why the hell would i do that? I couldn't even bare to think of keeping that dirty secret of yours and now you want me to just shut my mouth about this situation?" seungcheol hissed, he massaged his temple trying his best not to punch his sick friend.

"why? weren't you cooperating this whole time? Jihoon is still clueless about what i was doing, while i'm just out there making out with every girl i met, right?" Soonyoung stated in an angry tone that made Seungcheol annoyed even more because he knew Soonyoung hit the nail in the head.

" i did it so that jihoon would not be hurt." the older male answered

" that's exactly the point, we don't want to hurt Jihoon." Soonyoung stated "So please, just keep it this time." he ended his sentence. Seungcheol's expression looked so disappointed, he didn't want to hurt Jihoon but by keeping this as a secret would definitely hurt him real bad.

"does seokmin and seungkwan know?" the older male asked as he continued to massage his temple.

"yeah, just the two of them and you of course." he started "also, this friend of yours right here." Soonyoung continued and looked at jeonghan who was sitting at the couch.

"I'll think about it." Seungcheol stated. The door slowly opened revealing Seungkwan and Seokmin. Seungcheol then stood up and gestured Jeonghan.

"hyung!" Soonyoung shouted but seungcheol didn't look back, because he might punch Soonyoung in the face so he just stood there, holding Jeonghan's hand.

"thank you."

Both of them went outside, Seungcheol was quiet while holding Jeonghan's hand. As they went out of the hospital, Jeonghan decided to open his mouth.

"I think you should tell Jihoon." Jeonghan stated that made Seungcheol stop from his tracks. He looked back at Jeonghan who had a worried expression on his face.

"you heard him, right? let's just shut our mouths and pretend that conversation never happened." the older man annoyingly answered opening the driver's seat.

"but this is wrong, you know its wrong!" Jeonghan shouted.

"then what am i supposed to do? That i should tell Jihoon that Soonyoung cheated on him and that his boyfriend is already dying? Is that what you want me to say?" seungcheol was already annoyed, a lot of problems have been going on in his mind.

"your friend deserves to know the truth, it's their problem. Why the hell are you trying to but in?" jeonghan annoyingly asked but he didn't get a reply.

As both of them went inside the car, the atmosphere was too dark and different. It felt like both of them was with a stranger.

"i am trying to save my friend's feelings." the older male blurted

" No you're not, you're just hurting him even more!" jeonghan replied

"Fuck!" Seungcheol shouted and punched the steering wheel.

"Why do you always keep everything to yourself? Everything you're trying to keep doesn't even make any sense! You're making the situation worse, Cheol!" Jeonghan shouted.

"What do you want me to do Jeonghan? Do you want me to hurt both of their feelings?" he annoyingly asked.

"No, Soonyoung is the one hurting everyone. What i want you to do is doing the right thing and save Jihoon's feelings! How hard is that to understand?" Jeonghan's throat was starting to ache from all of the shouting, but no matter what he does, Seungcheol won't get it.

"Telling the truth would hurt everyone!" Seungcheol shouted even more, he wanted to let Jeonghan understand that the burden of keeping the secrets are too heavy and if he let's it all out, his friends would be broken and that would be the last thing that he wanted to happen.

"So that's why you won't tell me what you know years ago, right?" Jeonghan's voice sounded weak and hurt. Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan with worry in his eyes.

Seungcheol wanted to protect everyone from getting hurt, but that dream was too hard to reach and Jeonghan made him realise that.

" Jeonghan-ah.. " He pleaded. Jeonghan then took off his seatbelt and heaved a deep sigh. Their car was still in the parking lot, they were just arguing inside, shouting face to face.

"Just call me if you've already made your decision." Jeonghan stated as he closed the car door, shutting it infront of Seungcheol's face. Seungcheol heaved a deep sigh and placed his palms on his face as a sign of frustration.

"Cheol" Seungcheol looked up to see Jeonghan standing outside the driver's seat, looking at Seungcheol intently.

"Whatever happens, I will always stay." he stated, Seungcheol stared at Jeonghan's brown orbs and couldn't utter a word.

"I promise" Jeonghan smiled and walked away. Every step that he took made Seungcheol's heart ache. He realised he's in deep shit and he doesn't know what to do.
He took a cigarette from his pocket and placed the deadly material between his pale lips.

As he lit the cigarette , he wished everything would be back to normal. But it won't be if he decides the wrong path to take. He's torn between two decisions, to follow Jeonghan and tell Jihoon everything that he knows or shut his mouth until Soonyoung decides to take an action.

Both decisions bear an equal weight, both decisions were difficult to make. When Seungcheol looked up to see where Jeonghan is, he couldn't see his presence anymore. Seungcheol doesn't want Jeonghan to be gone, he doesn't want Jihoon to get hurt, he doesn't want Soonyoung to be in deep shit.

Later then he realised, he was such a very greedy person.