29

Jeonghan sighed as he reached the high class neighbourhood of Taehyung. He felt so devastated when he saw Seungcheol with a girl in their favourite restaurant. Somewhere in the back of his head, he wanted to give up but his heart was telling him to do the opposite. 

"hannie! it's been so long! why did you only show up now?" Taehyung exclaimed as he saw Jeonghan walking towards him.

Jeonghan only waved as the latter threw himself at Jeonghan for a hug.

"you're still so clingy taehyung-ah, no wonder people would always say that you're such a flirt." Jeonghan said that made the latter laugh.

"my hugs and kisses are only for special people you know." the taller man pouted.

"remind me again why we are related." Jeonghan said as he sat down in the white leather couch of Taehyung's spacious apartment.

"i don't know... i think it's because beauty and grace is flowing under our skin?" Jeonghan laughed at Taehyung's remark. because Jeonghan knew, he got none of those things flowing under his skin. He was just a big ball of raw emotion and dark under bags.

"you should have lived with us hannie, my mom would've like it." Taehyung said as he handed Jeonghan a nice glass of orange juice.

"yeah but your dad hates me."

"well, he's not that bad." Taehyung sat beside Jeonghan and turned on the tv to watch his favourite cartoons.

"i guess you could say that," Jeonghan sighed "if only he doesn't look at me like I'm the ruler of all the realms in hell."

"you're right he is bad." Taehyung agreed.

"i think it's because you looked so much like your dad that's why..." Taehyung softly spoke. "I'm sorry."

"no it's okay, you've done nothing wrong."
Jeonghan sighed as he fixated his gaze on the television right in front of him.

Taehyung's dad and Jeonghan's mom were siblings, and his mom's family didn't like his dad. In the end, his mom chose his dad and cut ties with Taehyung's father. Even though his mom chose the live with the man she always loved, he still left her. All they knew was that his dad died, nothing more.

"wait why did you want to see me again?" Taehyung broke the silence and looked at Jeonghan who was busy watching the cartoons.

"i want you to help me."

"help you with what exactly? for your information i don't hurt or kill people." Taehyung formed a cross in his chest with his arms.

"silly! we're not going to harm anybody." Jeonghan chuckled.

"then what is it? just to get to the point!" Taehyung crossed his arm and tapped his feet in annoyance.

Now, Jeonghan wants to do the right thing and conquer his fear. The fear that kept on consuming him wholly. The fear that made him push the people who truly cared for him.

finally, he decided to face it all and not run away from it.

"help me find my mom."

~

"hey open this for me." Mina handed Seungcheol a cold orange juice for him to open.

"have you got no hands?" Seungcheol annoyingly hissed as he opened the lid of the bottle.

"thanks."

"remind me why are you here again?" Seungcheol asked as he pointed at the girl who was sitting at his living room couch.

It’s only been a few days since they last hung out and now Mina is back at it again to annoy Seungcheol.

"you need to go to school." Mina sighed "you're a senior already, do you want to repeat another year?"

"no.." Seungcheol whispered but the girl heard it loud and clear.

"then you need to get your shit together and go back to school! I already asked Jisoo oppa and Changkyun oppa to let you borrow their notes since you've been slacking your ass off in your pigsty den." she handed out four big notebooks in which Seungcheol gladly took.

He was wondering why the girl decided to help him out when she was just his presentation partner, a sophomore who was also busy with her life.

"why are you doing this?" Seungcheol asked placing the notebooks on the center table.

"i don't know," Mina shrugged

"breaking up is a normal thing, people come and go because that's just how life works." she explained "you do want him to come back into your life, right?" she asked and Seungcheol nodded.

"then make yourself worth it for him to come back, i mean you are already worth it but do something more. I bet that guy still hasn't gotten over you either." Mina said as she flashed a comforting smile.

"you think so?"

"dude, i know so." she chuckled.

Seungcheol smiled back and nodded, not being able to reply since he was too speechless because of Mina's remark.

"now get your ass up on the floor and go back to school, it's not the end of the world and you still got plenty of chances so don't you just give up." she pulled Seungcheol up and pushed the latter inside his room. She then closed the door and waited for Seungcheol to finish dressing up.

"you should fight for your love! don't be such a coward. that shit won't get you anything good." she shouted only to earn a hum from Seungcheol who was still inside.

"you know I'm still afraid." Seungcheol said as he opened the door. Mina gestured her hand to let Seungcheol turn around if his clothes suited him.

"it's okay to be afraid, that's because you're a human being." she said and fixed Seungcheol's collar "just don't let it control you. If you do, then you'd miss a lifetime right ahead of you with the man that you really love." Mina tapped Seungcheol's shoulder to assure him that everything will be alright.

"thank you." Seungcheol pulled her into a hug in which she gladly hugged back.

"no problem," she smiled. Mina felt her heart skip a beat when Seungcheol pulled her into a hug. She was confused as to why she helped the older man, but one thing is for sure.

She doesn't want Seungcheol to be sad.

Both of them pulled out from the hug and smiled at each other. Seungcheol was glad that Mina helped him realise the things he should do. He knew Jeonghan was just out there, yearning for him as well. He knew Jeonghan still loves him as much as he loves the man.

"okay okay, you look like a human being. now grab your things or we'll miss history class."

When they arrived at the school, they ran as fast as they could to the lecture hall. Good thing they arrived on time and proceeded to listen to the professor.

With this small act, Seungcheol was happy. He was happy that someone reached out to him, he was happy that he found a new friend.

-x-

a/n: since I'm in a good mood and i love all who's supporting this book. this'll be the last update for today

and i got rekt by hoshi, bye.