31

Jeonghan stood in front of a big white door with a golden doorknob. As he arrived at the neighbourhood, he then knew that it was one of the high classes neighbourhood here in korea. It reminded him of Taehyung's home.

Well Taehyung is rich so it was just a piece of cake for him to find Jeonghan's mom. If you have money, you can always get what you want.

when Jeonghan arrived at the neighbourhood, he immediately concluded that his mom left him for a rich guy who could finally end all of her sufferings.

Jeonghan's mom would always make his son feel that he is worthless, unlovable, a burden.

even though it hurt him, he never got angry at her. he only blamed himself as to why he couldn't be a person who is worth loving.

why couldn't he be the son that would always makes his mom happy?

he was only asking one thing from his mom, but never got it. then he knew, maybe he was the problem.

he never blamed anyone, not even his mom who hurt him deeply. he only blamed and hated himself for not being someone slight better than he is.

someone who deserves anything and everything. the day came when Jeonghan's mom left him, he knew he could never be that someone who deserves all.

because, just who is he?

he was a nobody.

he was just Yoon Jeonghan. 

He heaved a deep sigh and pressed on the doorbell. Jeonghan unconsciously tapped his feet on the ground, waiting for someone to answer the door. He bit his lip a bit harder when it took too long to open the door.

When the door finally opened, instead of seeing his mom, he saw a little girl carrying a pink unicorn stuffed toy.

"Hi, is your mom's name Yoon Jihye?" Jeonghan asked as he kneeled down to take a closer look at the kid.

"yes she's my mommy, who are you?" she asked with a confused look on her face. she was cute but Jeonghan stopped himself from pinching the girl's chubby cheeks.

"my name is Jeonghan, your mommy knows me." Jeonghan replied and flashed a smile.

He knew the girl was his half-sister and thought that it'd be good if he'd be on good terms with the small girl.

the girl looked back inside and looked around to see if there's anyone near.

"mommy! someone is looking for you!" she shouted and ran up the stairs leaving the door wide open. "he said his name is Jeonghan!" she shouted once more.

Jeonghan stood awkwardly at the front porch. He was nervous and excited with a hint of sadness. he was afraid that his mom might not talk to him.

"Jiyeon-ah! i told you not to open the d--" a woman in her mid 40s came running and saw Jeonghan who awkwardly stood outside. After she saw the young boy she left on his own, she stopped on her tracks and looked at Jeonghan.

Jeonghan's knees felt weak when finally he saw his mom. After 10 years of being away from her, he finally saw her again. As if all of his problems and burdens had fallen off from his shoulders.

He felt so happy and excited and wanted to hug her right away yet he stopped himself and only flashed a smile.

He was anxious and afraid that his mom might kick him out again but he still has to do this in order to overcome his fear.

the fear of someone leaving you all alone.

"it's been years mom, how are you?" he initiated.

"you're living a good life, good for you" he scratched the back of his head trying to find the exact harmless words to say.

"I've been good, Jisoo and his mom took care of me and uh my boyfriend Seungcheol too. everything is good." Jeonghan hadn't realised that he was stuttering but his mom paid no mind.

she was only silent waiting for Jeonghan to finish.

Jeonghan was so nervous that he didn't even realise he mentioned Seungcheol as his boyfriend even though they already broke up a few weeks ago.

"I'm happy that you're doing well." Jeonghan flashed a smile, not noticing the tear who had already escaped from his eye.

"look, i don't want to bother you anymore i just wanted to say--" Jeonghan got cut off when his mom suddenly hugged him.

After so long, after waiting for so many long long years. Jeonghan felt the love and care thag he wanted. He couldn't help but fall and cry on his mom's shoulder as he hugged her back.

He could feel his mom's love for him. At that moment, he finally felt that he could be that someone who deserved anything and everything.

"I'm sorry son, I'm sorry for everything i did. I hope you forgive me." his mom pleaded between her cries. Jeonghan sniffed and wiped his tears away.

"it's okay mom, everything is gonna be okay." he replied

"I missed you so much son," she said as he hugged his son tighter.

"I missed you too mom."

Jeonghan finally felt that he is worth it to be loved. He only realised it now when all this time, he was already loved. He was loved by his friends, Jisoo's mom, and Seungcheol.

Even though he was afraid of being alone, because of this fear he pushed the people who truly cared for him.

But now he won't let that happen again.

because this time, he wants to make things right.

The hug lasted for good 5 minutes long as they reconnected again as mother and son. Jeonghan met his sister Jiyeon which made him even more happier. He always dreamed of having a sibling and finally he has one.

The three of them sat at the living room since outside was too cold.

"will you come live with us Jeonghan oppa?" Jiyeon asked as she held a tight grip on her unicorn toy.

"come live with us, son. in that way, we could spend much more time together." his mom offered but Jeonghan only flashed a smile.

"i wish i could mom, but i can't leave Seungcheol alone." he said.

"he is your boyfriend right?"

"yes he is."

"wow! Jeonghan oppa has a boyfriend?" Jiyeon asked with a high pitched voice which made Jeonghan laugh and nod his head.

"Jeonghan oppa is so lucky!" Jiyeon pouted that made everyone in the room laugh at her remark.

"I'll make sure that I'll visit." Jeonghan stood up.

"you're going already? why so soon?"

"i have to do something else, something that will make my life even better." Jeonghan said as he hugged his mom goodbye.

"bye Jeonghan oppa!" Jiyeon waved his hand and Jeonghan also did the same.

While Jeonghan was walking to the bus station, he fished his phone from his pocket and texted a familiar person's number.

Somewhere inside the library, Seungcheol yawned as he flipped through his literature textbook when suddenly he felt a vibration in his pocket.

He took his phone and to his surprise, he received a text from someone he knew too well.

Jeonghan
can we talk?