8

It was already Monday night and all Jeonghan did for the past few weeks is hanging out with his new friend Seungcheol. Whenever Jeonghan is with him, it gave a weird feeling as if Jeonghan was waiting for Seungcheol to come to his life. Whenever he is with him, everything becomes nothing but happy moments. 

"Hey, are you still there?" the other line spoke. It was almost 12 am and he was still on the phone with Seungcheol.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about something." Jeonghan replied, brushing his hair backwards and laid on the soft mattress. He just replaced the sheets with the ones he bought last week with Jisoo when they got too lazy to go to class.

"Do you want me to sing a song?" Seungcheol asked, his voice sounded deep and husky and just hearing it makes Jeonghan feel like he has a boyfriend who really cares and loves him.

"Why would you do that?" Jeonghan asked and he heard Seungcheol cleared his throat which made Jeonghan grin.

"Well, my payment for sharing your thoughts." Seungcheol answered. He was in the kitchen counter looking for something to eat, he suddenly felt a wave of hunger while talking to Jeonghan.

"Well, sing for me then." Jeonghan said and that earned him a chuckle from Seungcheol. Seungcheol then sang his recent favorite song, close to you. He always wondered, how could a song make him feel like he's the luckiest man in the world?

Whenever he hears this Carpenters song, it reminded him of Jeonghan. He could feel the birds chirping happily when he's with him. Seungcheol could imagine the angels sprinkling moon dust on his brown hair and starlight in his brown hazelnut eyes.

When Jeonghan heard Seungcheol singing, he felt comfortable and nice. It feels like all of Jeonghan's worries and regrets have been washed away yet it was still there, completely visible. Jeonghan felt the pain, it was too clear and too noticeable but Seungcheol's voice gave him the courage to face all of it.

Last few weeks ago, he wanted to end all of his sufferings just by crying all night and wake up a mess. Just weeks ago, he wanted to stop everything and just sleep forever but now he doesn't know anymore. Weeks after he met Seungcheol everything changed. They kept on knowing each other and being comfortable with each other's presence.

This past few weeks, Jeonghan knew lots of things. He knew Seungcheol can't stand spicy foods, that he loves banana milk and puppies that he's the maknae of their family and he didn't focus much in highschool and he kept getting into fights. He also knew that Seungcheol's friend, Jihoon was bullied and that was the reason why they became friends. They talked almost about everything as if they're running out of time to know each other.

Seungcheol thought that Jeonghan was just a happy guy who wants to make his friends happy, the happy guy who always looked on the bright side but there was something more. Jeonghan's smile looked always sad and Seungcheol noticed that. The way Jeonghan just smiled with his teeth with a sad look on his eyes. Jeonghan didn't talk much about his past and Seungcheol respected that. Jeonghan's story revolved around how Jisoo's parents eventually became his parents because his Mom left him. When Jisoo and Jeonghan became inseparable in highschool because Jisoo was the only person Jeonghan has.

Jeonghan's voice sounded broken as he continued his story, he tried so hard not to tear up and successfully he did but sadly Seungcheol noticed everything, he read Jeonghan like an open book.

"I'm sorry, I think I was out of tune." Seungcheol sounded sorry and sniffed but Jeonghan just laughed.

"It sounds beautiful," Jeonghan stated and smiled not knowing that he made Seungcheol smile from ear to ear because of his simple compliment.