Chapter 63

'What was that?' Lewis stormed at me as you came out of the room. You raised your eyebrows and then look back 'Oh you mean that?' you think 'Just hanging out with a friend'

'A friend seriously? what did she want?' Lewis asked promptly. I shrugged my shoulders. He shrugged his shoulders. I shrugged them again and he copied me. 'Sorry-' I began.

'I couldn't hear that, you could you just speak up a bit' Lewis said smirking, clearly enjoying it.

'Too bad- ugh. Can we just be friends again?'

'Fine-'

Christmas Day:

You woke up and it was Christmas day. You were in the Hufflepuff common room laying in bed next to Cedric. 'Morning' I said nudging his arm. 'What' he groans looking at you and then closing his eyes again. You then get out and get ready to shower. 'Come back' Cedric says in a sleepy voice touching the pillow.

'Merry Christmas to you to Ced' I said playfully and rolled my eyes and hoped into the shower.

I let my hair down for now and wore a comfy sweater that was red. To keep you warm in case you went out. A skirt with knee-length boots and a white bag. You know it was cold, but it's fine the outfit was nice.

 You know it was cold, but it's fine the outfit was nice

  (If you don't like it change it)

You come out of the bathroom to see Cedric's hair tousled as he picks out clothes from his closet. 'Stunning' he compliments and you just smile. He then goes into the bathroom and you make your way down to the Hufflepuff common room. It was empty, literally empty. Everyone was at home with family or friends for Christmas.

It had been a solid twenty minutes before Cedric came to the common room. You looked at him up and down. He was wearing a white collared shirt with a red coat thing on top and of course, is it, Cedric without a pair of jeans?

 He was wearing a white collared shirt with a red coat thing on top and of course, is it, Cedric without a pair of jeans?

(lol I literally couldn't find anything else + I'm lazyyyy)

'Merry Christmas love'

'Merry Christmas' you replied to him. Last night, Lewis, Cedric, and you decorated the tree. But not exactly the traditional way, with a bit of a twist. A different way. 'At least fix your shirt' 

'What do you want to do?' He asked fixing his shirt.

'I mean there's no one at the kitchens we could maybe make something' You casually suggest skeptically, of course, he agreed. We then sneaked down to the kitchens. All the 'strict' professors were on 'holiday' so you were in the clear.

'What are we making?' you asked sitting on the marble counter.

'Uhhh...cookies? the ones your mom would-' He then stopped his words drifting away. (Don't you just ever wish someone would make you cookies when you were feeling sad-just me anyway....)

'No it's okay, let's start' I said smirking and beginning to look around for the ingredients. 

'Finally, done' Cedric said taking a deep breath, you had the cookies placed on baking parchment on the tray, uncooked. 

'You've got a little something here' you say coming closer and smudging his face with flour. He then looks annoyed for a second before he does the same to you. 'Lucky were wearing aprons' We then stopped, before we wrecked everything. 

'Can you put it quickly?' you said referring to the unbaked cookies.

'That's what she said!' Lewis shouted with a smirk as he entered the kitchen. Clearly, he had a different take on what you said about the....cookies....obviously. 'Then we can go somewhere else' I rolled my eyes glancing at him. 'How can I help?' he asked. Cedric then told him to mix the batter. He sighed and muttered something under his breath.

'That's not what your sister said last night' Cedric replied, shrugging his shoulders muttering back. Lewis's eyes then widened. Cedric then smirked and so did you. 

'Moving on...' Lewis spoke out very awkwardly 'Umm so...'

'Add a cup of sugar' Cedric said giving him the sugar, but when Lewis tried to take it Cedric moved back a little with a suspicious look. 'Sugar not salt okay?'

'Ugh I know' he rolled his eyes taking it.

'Please. The last time you baked with us you added three cups of salt instead of sugar. That was the saltiest cake I've ever had Lewis and it tasted terrible' You said recalling the memory. Lewis didn't like it when you brought this up.

'One time' he says crossing his arms. Cedric clearly was trying not to laugh and so were you. But when his eyes met yours you both started laughing unrestrainedly.

An hour later...

You heard something move outside. You then stepped out of the kitchens, you quickly saw a shadow hide. You raised your eyebrows and came back in.

A ding, the cookies were done and you took them out of the oven. The three of us crowded around the cookies. We each took one and took a bite. And a sense of relief on Cedric's face 'Phew, it isn't salty' he said nudging Lewis. Lewis then made a straight face, angry.

*****

'Okay, see you in a bit' I said waving goodbye to Cedric, we were going to go to Hogsmeade for a bit. I was going to go back to the common room to grab a jacket. 'Y/n' 

I turned around and saw the one and only Draco Malfoy. 'I'm a bit busy'. 

'Come on' he said coming closer,  I just squinted my eyes a little and furrowed my eyebrows. 'Please I know what the other day-'

'Uh-'

'I would never hurt you, I would never lay a hand on you y/n' Malfoy says coming closer holding both your hands 'Look at me' I then slowly met his eyes. You couldn't help it but you quickly hugged him, you both needed it. 'Merry Christmas Draco' you whispered.

'Merry Christmas'

'Hey, do you maybe wanna hang out-'

His expression said that he really wanted to but he couldn't and you knew why. 'It's okay some other time' you said patting him on the arm. 

*****

'Ooo' you say nudging Lewis as you walk along the snowy streets of Hogsmeade. 'That girl is definitely checking you out' I whisper unnoticeably pointing towards her.

He looks towards her 'I have a girlfriend y/n/n' he says reminding you. Lewis then ran his hand through his hair

'Oh yeah you do never-mind' I say sarcastically. Good for him he had a nice relationship. Cedric then holds your hands as he walks, damn his hands were ice cold.

'Honestly, I feel like a third wheel at this point' Lewis groans and walks towards the side 'I'm gonna go hang out at the three broomsticks'

'Uh-huh,' Cedric replies curiously.

*****

Is that? that is Draco Malfoy, what was he doing out here? he was sitting with some friends but then suspiciously left scanning the room to make sure no one was looking or following you. You raised your eyebrows. 'I'm just going to go to the bathroom' 

you then walk out and follow him discreetly, hoping not to been seen. He was standing on the side talking to...Katie Bell? why would he be talking to a Gryffindor. I then saw him give her something covered in black cloth. She nodded and walked away. I then moved back inside.

'Where were we?' I smiled looking at Cedric.