Chapter 92

You hasten into the Great Hall, slithering through teachers and students. You almost trip on your way over to the middle of the Hall. Which is filled with lots of people who seem tired, talking to their friends. Some planning with the adults. You divert your attention to those lying on the stretcher and those recovering. You jog to Cedric, who now has a grim look in his eyes. You lay your eyes upon Caleb. Dread pools your stomach and your heart bursts out of your chest. You place the palm of your hand gently in the middle of your chest. "I-Is he . . ." is all you mutter out.

Cedric shakes his head "No but h-he could . . ." Cedric stops half sentence. You then realise that he's shaken to his core and he slightly shivers. You then walk to sit on your knees in front of Caleb. You grab his icy hand and cover it with your other hand.

You then swallow "Caleb. Caleb p-please wake up. Caleb, you can't leave me now," you whisper as you move your head closer to his. Your voice trembles as you hold back the tears. You remove one hand from his hand and clench it into a fist as you examine him. The middle of his shirt is covered in a worrying amount of blood. His ankle and knee covered in gauze. "We still have so much to talk about, best friend" you finally give out to the tears stinging at your eyes. You let the tears flow. "We still have so much to gossip about. And-" your chest rises and falls as you try to breathe. Caleb just lies frozen, still as a statue. You can scarcely feel his heartbeat. You act to look at Cedric. He himself looks worn out and tired. He paces back and forth in short steps, bitting his thumb. His eyes are red.

Then your eyes fall upon Anthony hurrying towards the three of you. He quickly kneels opposite you, taking his other hand. He speaks to him, but you hear nothing as you slide away. "He's breathing" Goldstein announces. You move to the side of the hall and lean against the chilly wall. You place an arm on the wall as you cry, thinking of the last time you saw Caleb. Then you realise how many people are grieving. Then your mind flickers to your mother. Your loving mom who died trying to save you. Who died trying to save you.

You felt an arm behind your back. You then pulled closer to Cedric, hugging him tightly. He rested his head on top of yours, his hands around you, fiddling with his wand. You feel safe for a moment, like nothing can happen to you. Then you pull away, wiping your tears quickly. You walk to the other side of people. Cedric trailing behind you. You see Lupin and Tonks holding hands as they are placed on stretchers. They'd been so kind. You walk further to see the Weasleys gathered around. Your heart beat doubles as you dare yourself closer.

Ron cries next to Fred Weasley, who's died. It's like someone grabs your heart and twists in again and again. You hug the very tall George Weasley, who sobs into your shoulder. "I'm so sorry George I- "you spoke. Mrs Weasley just patted your shoulder as you turned away. Fred Weasley a wonderful friend, jokester, ultimate pranker and even a better friend. But that's not enough words to describe Fred . . . not anyone. You walked away, wiping your nose with the sleeve of your jumper. You fast walk back towards Caleb, who remained frozen.

You cross your legs sitting in front of Caleb, his hand in yours. "You're going to be okay" you mostly whisper this to yourself but it helps.

"Exactly, Caleb Brown, you better wake up," Goldstein says as he stares at the distance

You sit for a while.

"Guys," a voice intones. The three of you turn your attention towards Caleb, who was awake and trying to sit upright. "Hey, everything's okay right" Caleb says as you give him a hug.

"You scared us," Cedric says in a relief as he helps him. Cedric then turns away, just looking around the room.

You curse under your breath quickly. Cedric then holds your arm, wondering what's wrong. "I- need to go"

~

The entire castle is destroyed as you enter the front. Draco didn't wait and you don't blame him. You walk forward looking at the big trolls swinging their bats back and forth and others trying to avoid them. You run across the destroyed yard, stopping to breathe behind a broken cobbled wall.

You turn around to see a student on the floor coughing. "Are you alright?" you ask, checking for any wounds. Before she can nod, you spot one on her arm. The boy groans in pain as you tightly wrap a piece of cloth around it.

Your eyes then search for those fighting looking for your brother. "Are you looking for me?" Lewis asks as he kneels down next to the injured boy.

You stammer "Y-yes and y-you're okay?"

"When am I not ok?"

"Oh my god, please" you roll your eyes. Lewis then helps the boy up.

"This way," Lewis signals with his free hand. You then continue to follow him and the injured boy through the chaos. You duck every minute to dodge a few spells, not to mention use the protego spell to protect yourself and the other people you're walking with. Safely, you make into the castle in the great hall.

*****

The sun began rising, and it was now daytime, and everyone was exhausted beyond measure. All the Death Eaters fled for a while, and the trolls. It didn't make it better with or without their presence. Caleb was getting better, thankfully. He was now walking back and forth with Anthony. You're glad that they made up.

After a while, everyone went outside, following Neville as an evil presence approached. Neville limped outside, holding the sorting hat.

Voldemort took slow but big strides as his snake slithered beside him. His eyes are wide, as if he's shocked. You move with Lewis stopping to stand a few inches behind him. All the remaining Death Eaters were behind him and Hagrid.

Hagrid was carrying -

"Who is Hagrid carrying?" Ginny asks worriedly, "Neville who is it".

"Harry Potter . . . is dead" Voldemort announces to the whole courtyard. Ginny runs towards the Dark lord but her father holds her back. Your mouth begins to quiver.

"Silence!" Voldemort announces once more. Hermione and Ron look stunned, both staying near each other. "Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead," Voldemort says in a more satisfied voice, moving closer. "From this day forth, you put your faith in me" he then turns towards his people celebrating "Harry Potter is dead" and they laugh and cackle. "And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us or die." his menacing stare penetrates through all of us standing on the opposite side of him.

"Draco" Lucius Malfoy whispers. You snap your head in the other direction at once. "Draco," he calls again but in a lower tone. Draco swallows hard to try to push his feelings down. Then his mother calls in a softer voice, "Draco . . . come"

Obliged, he walks towards his parents. As he passes by you, you whisper "Stay" and you dab his hand. Draco ignores it. "Ah. Well done, Draco" Voldemort hugs him and lets him go. Draco's mom instantly holds his arm in comfort.

Neville the limps forward.

"Well, I must say I'd hoped for better" Voldemort says and laughs fill the air. "And who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom"

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks"

"I'd like to say something"

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you say" Voldemort says frustratedly.

"It doesn't matter Harry's gone. People die every day. Friends, family. Yeah. We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, in here." Neville points to his heart. "So is Fred and Remus, Tonks. All of them," he then raises his voice angrily. "He didn't die in vain. But you will. Because you're wrong. Harry's hear did beat for us. For all of us" Neville pulls out Godric Gryffindor's sword out of the Sorting Hat, "this is not over"

Harry then falls out from Hagrid's arms. "Confrigo" Your mouth falls open and you smile. The Death Eaters fight or leave. You can't tell. You just run back inside with the crowd as Voldemort charges.

You just focus on one thing. You've decided. Tell him, before it's too late. Before you never see either of them again.