Chapter 28

You sat in the common room with Harry and Ron. Hermione wasn't around much anymore which was quite strange, probably at the library again. You sipped a hot cup of coffee, to make sure you wouldn't fall asleep in McGonagall's class. You had already had breakfast, and the three of you happened to have a free period. "y/n, what do you want for your birthday?" Harry asked.

"My birthday? it isn't for another month Harry" You reply.

"No, no, it is see," Ron says showing you the date of the newspaper (Daily Prophet) that was sent today.

"Oh my god, I totally forgot" You reply in shock, you really had forgotten it was your sixteenth birthday. You were so caught up with what you had going on, it totally slipped your mind. Your birthday was in two days' time, right on the day of your quidditch match.

"Well, I don't know what I want" You confess.

"Well, that helps," Ron says sarcastically. 

"I'll figure something out, I must go to charms Professor Flitwick is on the edge of giving me detention," You say standing up slowly, trying to find your charms book in your bag.

"Accio Charms book," You say with a flick of your wand and it jumps out of the bag and you grab it. You walk out of the common room along with Harry who also has charms.  You and Harry arrive to charms, just to see a crowd outside the classroom. You both step forward to see  Seamus covered in smoke, and the classroom half burnt. Professor Flitwick then instructed they had to use another classroom instead. 

Everyone follows him trying to look for a classroom. You and Harry talk on the way there, you had already missed ten minutes of your lesson. You then went up the stairs and they began tho move, then having to take another way to the empty classrooms all together. Harry told you a very funny joke, and you bursted into laughter and so did he, you put a hand on his shoulder to make sure you wouldn't fall over. You then make a comment which made you giggle even more. Harry then loses his balance and then you hold his arm to stop him from falling.

"Thanks" Harry says.

"Right class we have twenty minutes left, make your way into the class and open your books, this will be a revision lesson" Proffesor Flitwick instructs. So you make into the class obviously sitting next to Harry. You both were constantly whispering to each other for the whole lesson. it was only till later you saw Malfoy staring at Harry, with an unreadable expression.

Soon Charms is over and you make your way to the library hoping to find Hermione, and you did. She looked extremely busy, she had about ten different book open also looking for more. She occupied a whole row just filled with parchments. You thought it be best to talk to her later.

*****

It was now 2:05 and you went down to the courtyard, a little later on purpose. You see both the boys already waiting down for you.

"Right, why is he here" Malfoy asks sternly.

"Because I asked him too, and you both will not leave till you explain what happened" You said in the same tone.

"Well Diggory here just" he began

"Don't you put this all on me Malfoy" Cedric snaps back.

After about ten minutes of explaining what happened that night, you finally understood.

"y/n, we cant keep going on like this...you have to choose" Cedric said making no eye contact.

"I know"you say looking down.

"What are the three of you doing in the courtyard" Snape asks just appearing out of no where. Giving you all a bit of a fright. "Hope, were not planning anymore late night trips to the kitchen I suppose" He said as his cold black eyes stared at you.

"No sir " You reply.

"Correct, off to class now" Snape said dismissing you.