Chapter 72

'Hey darling' I say hugging y/n.

'Hey,' she answers with a familiar smile on her face.

'Come on let's go' I say leading her outside towards the Quidditch field.

We both grab some brooms and mount them. Me hovering on the right and her opposite me. The quaffle in my hands 'After all, you wanted to play against me. Just saying in advance it's your own fault if you lose' 

'I personally don't know what losing feels like but okay' she replies with a confident attitude.

'Don't get too cocky' I say cheekily, and I throw the quaffle into the air. She grabs it and races towards the hoops. I roll my eyes and fly after her. I snatch the quaffle and score a point. I raise my eyebrows. 

'I let you do that' Y/n says taking a deep breath. 

'Sure you did love.' I answer sarcastically, I toss the quaffle to her, and she catches it. She flys over to the other side of the pitch. I was right behind her tail, not that easy for her to get rid of me.  After many failed attempts she scored through the highest hoop.

Not a second later, she was falling out of the sky. The sky went from light blue to a dark ombre of blue and black. 'Y/n?' I say looking left and right. 

'I c-can't do this' that sounded like my voice. Behind me. It was myself and Y/n talking. 'I can not be with you' that night

'See Cedric? you broke my heart' now Y/n was in front of me, angry. 'I'm sorry' I say confused and frightened. 'It's too late. You can't fix what's been done. Oh, the thoughts in my mind-'

I shoot up and sit right up. I was sweating. It was a dream, a horrific dream.  I had just realized it was day time. I got out of bed, made it, and opened the curtains. I took a deep breath forgetting it. I just missed y/n by a fraction. 

That was a lie. 

hoped it was one of those dreams you had and would forget about within minutes.

'Wake up sleepy!' I say nudging Caleb.

'Ugh!' he groans going back to bed 'Don't wake me up again'

'You're late for class, by... four minutes' I say looking at the clock.

'What!' he says getting up and rushes into the bathroom. He wasn't really getting late. There was still an hour till class, and he needed to have breakfast as well.

'Why didn't you wake me up before?' Caleb questions coming out of the bathroom and taking out his robes from the closet. I shrug my shoulders. At least he forgot about his heart being broken...for now.

'I'll be downstairs...'

*****

I walk into the great hall. Today was the busiest day of the week, probably. Everyone was eating, chatting. It was very lively today in the great hall. I mean nothing has screwed up this year, yet. 'Diggory...' Malfoy says hitting my arm lightly and walking over to the Slytherin table.

Since when? How? I wasn't even doing to question what just happened. No insults?

I ignore it and sit down on the Hufflepuff table. I sit next to one of my friends and began talking to the people around me, while I grab a chocolate croissant. 'Uh-huh, sure I'll help you out' I say to one of the Hufflepuffs, who wanted my help.

'Cedric?' a female Hufflepuff asked from across the table.

'Yes,' I nodded.

'Where are you on with the uh report-'