Chapter 21

At exactly six in the morning, you wake up to the sound of birds chirping, which you found kind of disturbing. It was Christmas!  You woke up and noticed Hermione wasn't in her bed, maybe she was already awake. You went into the bathroom, showered, brushed your teeth, and got dressed into light brown pegged pants with a mustard-colored top. You make your way out of the room and find Hermione sneaking out of Ron's room giggling. 

"Merry Christmas, Oooo, Ron's room" You start joking with her.

"Oh we both weren't tired, I'm going to make my hair and I'll be down soon, Merry Christmas y/n," she said opening the door to your room. You looked up and saw George also on his way down, you went down the stairs to find Harry, Fred, and Mr. Weasley downstairs. 

'Morning' Fred said as he sipped a cup of tea or coffee you couldn't tell.

"Morning everyone," you said taking a seat next to Harry next to the fire.

"Merry Christmas Harry," You said.

"Merry Christmas" He replied sipping on hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows. You start to scan the room and see Ron walking towards you greeting each other and wishing a good Christmas. 

"Breakfast is ready," Mrs. Weasley says putting a plate of scrambled eggs on the table. The food looked scrumptious and tasted amazing. Soon Hermione had also come downstairs. Everybody shared funny Christmas stories and moments, everyone laughed and really enjoyed themselves, you wished the moment could last forever. Mrs Weasley then soon started handing out wrapped parcels to everyone. "Presents everyone," She said passing everyone one, even to you. You rarely got presents 

"Thank you," You say with a really big smile opening it, it was a blue sweater with the initial of your first name and looked super comfy so you put it on at once, already loving the feel of it.

"A pink sweater," Ron said shockingly as he opened his present, putting it on.

"I think it looks really nice," You say chuckling. Ginny agreeing.

"Its pink!" He says with an unreadable expression on his face. Everybody started laughing. You turned your attention to Fred and George who had opened there presents then swapped them, they probably got each others instead. Everyone started clearing up the table, so did you, you volunteered to do the dishes, it was the least you could do.

After an hour, the seven of you decided to take a walk together outside, in the overgrown bushes. It smelled of Nature which was very pleasant. "Race you to the end of the hedges!" George yelled starting to Run.

"You're on!" Geroge said catching up with him, and you all started racing till the end and you made it just after Ginny, who really had a head start. Ron told you all about almost everything. And you listend very intriguingly. You then looked back up at the sky and it was slightly darker than before. All of a sudden grey clouds filled the sky. Black clouds sprawl across the sky, billowing in from the west. Their brassy glare drains colour from house. The air grows heavy and the humidity presses down, suffocating. The scent of rain is dark and heady. A stillness falls over, and in the silence comes a low crackle of thunder, rolling across rooftops to the pattering of tiny raindrops. For a moment, everything stops. Even the wind holds its breath. A streak of hot silver splits the sky, and the downpour begins. The seven of you quickly rush towards the house, soaking wet. 

"My goodness, best if you go change and them warm up" Mr. Weasley says putting down an article of the Daily Prophet. You and Hermione make it back upstairs wrapping yourself in towels. You both change into clothes that arent wet and let them to dry. You take a seat on your bed, letting out a sigh. Then you notice you still haven't read the letter from Malfoy Manner. You carefully pick it up and then open it and reads as:

Merry Xmas y/n, 

I'm sorry about the other day when I called you a mudblood, I didn't mean it. It was simply to protect you from Pansy, I knew if she got jealous she would definitely would come after you and I'm pretty sure we both don't want that. I hope you understand, this is the only apology you'll probably get from me. 

Sincerly, 

Malfoy 

You re-read it one more time, them finding a small smile on your face. You did belive him though, he wanted to protect you that gave you butterflies. And you understood what he had to do. You took out a quill and piece of paper thinking it be best to write to him back:

Dear Malfoy,

Thanks for the apology, I understand about Pansy. I hope you have a really good Christmas, see you soon.

Yours Truly, 

y/n 

You folded the paper and put it in the envelope, sealed it and gave it to your owl named y/o/n, and she quickly flew off, you soon realised the storm had cleared and all that was left was the bright starry sky. All of you children gathered in the twins room as it was the biggest you sang Christmas songs and told each other scary stories just for the fun of it.