Chapter 66

You were invited to an Event with Professor Slughorn, sometime next week. The Christmas or winter break was over and everyone was back. Everything was normal, going to classes, homework tests the usual. You opened the room to your dorm and fell on your bed letting out a groan. 'I know' Hermione says packing her bag. 'This is week is so busy'. 

'Right. Every single Professor decides to give everything this week. We have a whole term for what?' You say sitting upright.

'Well I gotta run' Hermione replies in a rush 'McGonagall decided to have an extra class for the one she canceled'

You had finished your classes for the day except for Quidditch practice. They delayed our match to this week instead of before Christmas. How fun. You opened your wardrobe and pulled out some Gryffindor sweaters and matching pants. After a while, you put them on. It was still freezing outside but wearing the Quidditch robes got irritating from time to time. Two hours till the match. You'd always get ready beforehand.

You walked down the stairs to find Ron and Harry sitting both staring into their own realities. Lavender staring at Ron from a distance. Disturbing. At this point, she was so in love with Ron. You sat next to Harry on the couch and closed your eyes. 'Ready?' Ron asks apprehensively. You and Harry nodded in Sync. 

*****

You walked to the Slytherin common room. Lewis said he wanted to see you. 'Where's Lewis?' You questioned Daphne. She shrugged her shoulders. She really was trying to get to know you, but you weren't really cooperating. You had your reasons. The common room then began emptying gradually, people were making their way to the stands. 'Lewis?' you said looking in his room, but he wasn't there. You walked out to see Malfoy closing his door.  'Aren't you coming to the game?' I ask him and he shakes his head. I put my hand on the door and open it and slide in.

'Can you just go' Draco asks sitting on the edge of his bed.

'You're one of them aren't you?' You mutter. His head immediately rises and he looks towards you. 

'Uh-' he stutters 'What if I was?'

'It's okay if you are' you say stepping a bit closer. He looks confused, he probably thought you were going to react the exact opposite. But he was with the people who killed your mother. You didn't know what to think right now.

'Please y-you have to believe me. I-I didn't w-want this' Draco explains his voice breaking up as he rolls his left sleeve up. You quickly walk over to him and sit next to Malfoy.

'Shh, I know' you say comforting him as you lean on his shoulder. His eyes then began filling with redness, little by little,

'I can't' Draco then pauses taking a deep breath 'Do this. I-'. Malfoy then let loose the tears he was holding back and he let out a cry. 'I'm sorry. I just ignored you for-'

'I understand' you say softly holding his face in your hand as you use your thumb to wipe away his tears. 'But why didn't you tell me?'

'I didn't want you involved. And I was scared you'd never talk to me again if I told you' Malfoy continued as you traced the death mark on his arm. 'And It would be easier to hurt you, to make you hate me'

'Cause you really did hurt me when you didn't talk to me' you whisper as your eyes also start filling up with tears 'I thought about you every day. I miss you' you confess as both your eyes meet. 

'I miss you, but I don't want you getting hurt'

'I don't care' you mutter holding his hand, why did you start crying now? He then hugged you resting his head on yours. 'I love you' you whisper. Being close to him again. It felt so good and you were swept away by the moment.