Chapter 5

You finally wake up after a good 9 hours of sleep. You already see Hermione and Ginny awake and already dressed. So you go get dressed and wear some jeans and a shirt with your robe on top. Making your way down to breakfast. There were two days until the ball and you were so excited that you couldn't help but smile. "morning y/n" Harry says while passing Ron a croissant. "Hey, guys" you reply to them all sitting next to Ron. You eat breakfast silently more occupied in your thoughts.

The day goes by as normal nothing new happens.

One day before the ball

Potions was first thing before lunch and you really didn't want to do potions. Ron arrived and so did you sitting near the front. Snape gets on with his lesson as usual and of course by deducting points from the houses if any slight inconvenience. "Ron, you ask Hermione yet?" you whisper "yeh, she said yes, took me some nerve" He whispers back. "That's great" You celebrate. You and Ron chat for a few minutes until Snape catches you.

"Miss y/l/n and Mr weasely stop talking, miss y/l/n move to the back now," Snape says as loud as he can, "10 points from Gryffindor....each". You take your stuff and move to the back. But of course, the only space available is next to Malfoy and Pansy. But you don't complain, liking the idea of Malfoy. But you remember you're probably with Cedric now.

"Hi y/n" Malfoy chuckles. You ignore him. "You asked me if we were friends the other day, I think we are aren't we" Malfoy trying to make conversation. "Oh really?, but you hate me and my friends, clearly.... you act like it" You reply with attitude.

Malfoy starts to fiddle with his quill, thinking of what to say. "I do hate your friends, but I never did say I hate you?" He whispers leaning in. Butterflies start fluttering in your stomach but why? "I honestly don't see a reason to hate my friends," You say. "If I offended you I'm sorry, but I can't change the way I feel about Potter, Weasley, and course your mud-blood friend Hermoine," He says intimidatingly. You just ignore Draco and get on with your work, exchanging glances with Ron every 5 minutes.

"So, about the other day in the tow..we." But Malfoy gets cut off by Snape

"right, your homework is chapters 14,16, and 18 I expect them done by the next time I see you" Snape yells walking around the room. You and Ron hurry to leave and meet up with the others. You realize you forgot your book inside.

 You go to get your book and grab it, on the way out you bump in Malfoy. Dropping your book. He picks the book up for you and hands it to you on his way out with Pansy. 

"Thanks," You say. 

He just smirks a bit "We can talk later" 

 "Why even help that mud-blood any way" Pansy annoyedly scoffs.

You roll your eyes.

(There's going to be a lot more of Malfoy in the next few chapters same with Cedric please feel free to comment with ideas or constructive criticism, I always reading everything.)